Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
sparky176

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to switch from phpnuke 8.1 to RNv2.20.00

Kind of a newbie at this, but I successfully installed phpnuke 8.1, so I am now discovering some flaws with it and I would like to migrate to Ravens Nuke. Anyone have any suggestions how I can do this without a total wipe, which is not out of the question at this point.

Do you need the php nuke installed prior to installing Ravens Nuke? It's things like this that I don't understand.

Thanks
Sparky176

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote

A total wipe is your easiest and most reliable solution by far.

You don't need PHPnuke installed prior to Ravennuke. You need to think of the installation as two separate pieces: the PHP programs that come in the distribution and the MYSQL tables. If you decide to convert from 8.1 to RN then you will need to make your 8.1 tables identical to the RN tables. There is a compare tables utility in the RN package but I will admit it is not that simple to use. Unless you have some MYSQL experience it might be better to forgo that.

As for the PHP programs the most reliable way is to wipe out your whole old 8.1 distribution and copy over RN. Incidentally the current version is 2.20.01. If you don't do that you will be left with artifacts of 8.1.

sparky176

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote

I am going that route then, total wipe is fine with me, I tried this earlier today and I kept getting an error message about sql database, when I tried to do the INSTALLATION/installSQL.php is when I got the error. But I'll give it another go and see how it goes this time. I thank you for your reply and help, very much appreciated.

Thanks again

sparky176

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote

Hello again, sorry to bother, but would anyone know why I would get this error. This is the first step in the installlation process and I'm getting this error. Would any of you be able to offer any suggestions. Thanks in advance....Smile

MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results
config.php file found!
I was unable to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file. The exact error that MySQL reported is:
MySQL Error # 2 = Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Sparky

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote

It seems from the error that the database connection details which you put into the config.php are not correct.
I have not seen this exact error message before but it seems to be indicating the 'localhost' is not a valid connection so I do not know if your hosting services needs something different there, like an IP address??

sparky176

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Absolutely bang on you are, I had my config.php file a bit messed up.....thanks alot fellas much appreciated again.....

Sparky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic