Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
danny234
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Ok so here's what it is, I installed wordpress into my website so I can publish blogs and news, I uploaded all the files to my root folder and it says it installed correctly and it has because I can login to the admin panel and write my stories, news, blogs etc but when I click view to view the document I made it takes me back to my homepage to reveal nothing but my normal home page so there's no document. I've never used this wordpress before so I don't much about it just by what I read, has anyone else got experience of this or uses this for there website?

What I would like is when I publish my document I want it to go into the news page on my website. How would I get it to show up in there? I think what it's doing now is not showing up because I have a theme installed and maybe need to change something in that for it to work? I'm not sure.

my site to have a look at the home is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks
Danny

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote

Have you published the document after writing it?

There isn't a mod that I know of to add news from Wordpress into a Nuke websites News, but you could take the RSS feed from the Wordpress blog and feed that into a block on your Nuke site.

danny234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote

Yeah I published it after writing it, so what is the whole point of wordpress if documents or news/blogs don't show on your website since it's integrated into the website? So when I publish something it takes me to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] there would be no point in writing a blog in wordpress the adding it into a block that just means I might as well of just added the words straight into a block but I don't want it in a block I want it on a page, preferably the news page. Like other websites have news on games and they have there own page for it how do they get it on there page like that?
I get confused with blogging/news/ issues especially lol

Danny

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Sorry you are losing me now. How did you integrate Wordpress with Nuke?

danny234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote

Well you put the files in the root folder with the website files and when you run the install.php it goes through the setup and I named it myps3online which is my website so now in the admin panel of wordpress it has my website on the top that why I was saying when you publish a document the link is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] so it's been given a page. I don't know much about it to be honest that why I look for help on here of people who know what they doing but I thought it was you make a blog or news article then when you publish it you can have it on your website, shouldn't it? Word press is not in the nuke admin panel by the way, it has it's own control panel which is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and you login there.

Danny

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote

You cannot install Nuke and Wordpress within the same folder. They are not meant to be used together. You will have to use one or the other within its own subfolder

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
danny234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote

What can I use then that is something like this? I want something to write news or blogs for my website. I don't want to type it all in the normal blocks though.

Danny

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:51 am Reply with quote

As far as I know, there has never been a true blog module fully completed and released for *nuke. I was considering porting b2evolution (because I do not like all the security issues around Wordpress over the years) to nuke, but have not had the time.

I suspect that if you truly overwrote your nuke site with Wordpress that you have a mess on your hands. Hopefully you had a complete backup of your nuke files ahead of this... Bang Head

danny234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote

*deletes this from his website quickly* lol

So if we want to publish news onto our site we have to do it through the news module? How do other websites get news on there site so it looks professional and have there own blog thing with there news. I don't think it's damaged my website but yeah I did back up everything before hand, I learned that from you Laughing

Danny

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:34 am Reply with quote

Some people just create a topic called 'Whatever Blog' and publish it that way.

danny234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:47 am Reply with quote

When I search for blog news you always see someones blog then you click on it and it takes you to there website page with the article on it. Do they write there blog somewhere else then transfer it to there website or do they link it somehow to the blog they're using? I might just have to use the news pages then if nothing else is available to work in nuke.

Thanks
Danny

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote

Have you got an example of this?

danny234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Here is an example of it then, if you look at this site it shows latest post of news etc down the page and the link under the title of each post goes direct to his website. Are they posting the news on that website or making it from his own website then publishing it on the blog website?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote

OK well that isn't Nuke. I'm guessing it is all part of the same system though, not a separate CMS and blog.

We are not saying it isn't possible to do this in Nuke, but I don't believe anyone has developed a mod for Nuke like this yet which links a blog to Nuke.

I think the best option would be to create a separate topic in the News module and use this as your blog. JMO

danny234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Jakec, yeah I'm doing that now, I'm just going to settle with writing in the news and using the news pages. Maybe this can be something to put on your list to develoupe in the next update of Raven? It would be good to see something like that for nuke but maybe sometime we might see it happen.

Thanks
Danny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic