Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
broose
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quote

anyone who tries to register on my site never gets sent an activation email

cheers

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:04 am Reply with quote

broose, there are many threads which go through the usual issues regarding this. However, I'll try and speed this up. Laughing Please check with your host to see if they have disallowed PHP's mail() function. If so, ask them what it is that you are to use.

My guess is that they have done this and so no emails are getting out. That may not be the case and it could be something else, but let us start there. If they say to use authenticated SMTP, then check out TegoNuke Mailer within the administration control panel of RavenNuke as you can configure it to us that instead of PHP's native mail support.

broose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote

Thanks Montego, will take a look. wierd thing is that someone did register ok then for some reason it just stoped working, i have reinstalled everything from scratch and still no one gets activation email

montego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quote

The key really is finding out whether the emails are being sent or not rather than if its on the receiving end. Try this, go into the HTML Newsletter and create yourself a simple newsletter and just try and send it to yourself (can use the ad-hoc send option or to "admin" if you are the admin). See if that email gets sent (and received).

broose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quote

well not sure whats going on as it seems to work now, i did contact my server provider to see if they had dissallowed phpmail but they have not replied so i dont know if it was that on not. but anyway its ok now

cheers anyway

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:49 am Reply with quote

Sorry, want to make sure. Are you saying that the activation links emails are now going out? The reason I ask is that my post before was asking you to try HTML Newsletter, so wanted to find out exactly which one you are saying is now working. If its both, great, if its just the Newsletter, then that tells me your activation emails were going out all the time, but they were probably getting rejected client-side for the specific ISP.

To be honest, I suspect your host had it turned off and then when you sent in the note, they just enabled it for you and did not bother to tell you. So typical. I could be wrong, but I've just heard too many "stories" about people's hosts...

broose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:05 pm Reply with quote

yes both are ok now, i agree, it must have been them because as as soon as i sent them a ticket it seemed to just work again.

cheers

montego

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:34 am Reply with quote

Cheers

broose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

sorry to bother you again but this still is not fixed, i thought it was sorted but then it just seems to be not again.

Also in the forum admin config, what should account activation be set to, None,User or Admin?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Perhaps another ticket to your host is in order. I have never come across something like this where it works one day and not the next, it is always host related (assuming the website itself had not been touched).
Is the HTML Newsletter still sending to your admin address as Montego suggested previously?

broose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quote

i can send news letter to registered test accounts i have set up but none to admin

what about this forum config a said about, does that make any difference?

cheers

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote

the forum setting should be left as it is by default as registration is handled by nuke not the forum.

broose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote

now it is sending to admin, can a theme have anything to do with it

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote

I think it would be extremely unlikely to be theme related. I sounds like your host has issues with the phpmail function if it works one time, then not the next.
In any event RN 2.20.01 has support for SMTP so that would enable you to use SMTP rather than phpmail.

broose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote

ok will try SMTP again but last time i tried i was not sure what to put in the "SMTP Helo" section in Tegonuke

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote

Regarding SMTP Helo, I would say that 99 times out of 100 just use the same as the SMTP address.

In order to be completely SMTP based, you will need to set up TegoNuke(tm) Mailer for SMTP as well as in Forums --> Configuration, add the same SMTP details there too and set the forums to use it.

Those are the only two places that you will need to set this up.

manoe
Client

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote

I too am having this problem.

I got the HTML email to send but that did not fix the problem.

When I register a new user I am unable to get past the final submit button. The one where you enter the security code and the activation email is supposed to be sent. I get a "Registration Error". I checked the nuke_user_temp table and it has the requestor field in it already. ( i read this on another thread I found with the search feature)...

I am not sure which way to go here and would appreciate any help on the matter.

thanks!

manoe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Noone has any idea as to what the problem is? I have read Ravens sticky on the "FIX" but that did not work. Nothing i have found has worked.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:40 am Reply with quote

manoe, what you haven't said yet is whether you have tried to use the TegoNuke Mailer, which was the thread above. Have you configured it to use SMTP as I have a strong feeling that your host has PHP's mail() function disabled. You could ask them...

manoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote

But the HTML Newsletter mailed to me just fine once I edited the URLs as Raven said in another post somewhere i found. So the mailer has to be working correct? Otherwise how would it send me the newsletter?

Another note: It is not an email issue I dont believe. This error is occurring when you enter the code and click submit for the last step BEFORE the email is sent. Something before the email is messed up. I will post a screen of where its happening.

But no, I have not done anyting with the TegoNuke Mailer.

Question- Is it possible to avoid the whole registration email all together? I would rather just keep the confirmation code and lose the email

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote

I believe there is a problem writing to the temp users table. Can you check your error log and / or turn on display errors in rnconfig?

manoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote

ok the display errors I believe is on but I get no errors showing on the page. I will test that again shortly. Are you talking about the error log in my Cpanel?

manoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote

Ok, the bottom of the rnlog file showed this error.

Code:
August 14, 2008, 12:20 pm SQL was: SELECT * FROM xxxxxxxx_mail_config

querycount = 4

August 14, 2008, 12:20 pm 1146 : Table 'yyyyyy.xxxxxxx_mail_config' doesn't exist
SQL was: SELECT * FROM xxxxxxxx_mail_config
 remote addr: 199.4.19.1
August 14, 2008, 12:20 pm SQL was: SELECT * FROM `xxxxxxxx_config`

manoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote

It appears noone has an ideas as to a solution? I have had NO new registered users for over a week now due to this issue. I really need help!

manoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Update: Even though I had the requestor entry in the temp_users table I ran ravens fix. Got some errors.. Anyone decipher? Does it help point to a solution?

Code:
Warning: mysql_list_fields() [function.mysql-list-fields]: Unable to save MySQL query result in /home2/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/fixUsersTempTable.php on line 17

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home2/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/fixUsersTempTable.php on line 18

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home2/xxxxxx/public_html/fixUsersTempTable.php on line 38
xxxxxxxxxx_common_users_temp has been updated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic