Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
carl0527

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Before I post a lengthy description of a problem I was wondering if there are any nuke league users out there that might be out there. The simple version of the problem is, I have over 10 leagues operating normally. I have one league that is set up as a preference "no inter-league play" meaning the teams from different divisions do not play each other.

When I enter a new game (for the new season), the game does not appear in the NL Schedule view. It is however in the games database table and it can be seen from within the admin side of the league model where you edit the league itsself.

If I uncheck the box to allow interleague play, the game will show up as it has in the past. Hard part of this is that I've made no modifications to the League module since it was working last spring, I've only upgraded my version of RN. Which I doubt is involved at all.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:30 am Reply with quote

Anyone?

carl0527

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the bump Montego. I think I had a corrupted file. I did a full upload of all files again which I was trying to avoid since I did a terrible job of keeping track of my edits I had made previously. It fixed the problem and this time a actually wrote down all my edits to know where I made the changes. Smile

montego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 am Reply with quote

Ok. Thanks for letting us know.

kevinkap
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote

Are you using it with the latest RN version? I have been using it for a couple years and was thinking of upgrading.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I've got RN 2.20 running at tuckahoe.org With Nuke League 2.4

For the most part it works well. I'd like to get some more blocks working but I don't have the coding experience to alter such things.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quote

nice, i see you have the sommaire menu as well. Is that rn 2.20? you took out ravens copyright? shame shame. Nice site though.

I am using rn 2.10 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Have you used the tournament part of NL any? I have noticed a few problems with the standings blocks that I did not notice with earlier versions of rn though.

carl0527

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote

I think the copyright must have been lost with the custom theme. I did however just ask the man himself for the proper copyright and will replace it now. Thanks for pointing that out.

I haven't had any success yet with NL tournaments yet. Though I must admit I haven't tried too hard. Most of our tournaments tend to be double elimination which I know NL can't handle. I'd just be happy if I could import schedules in some manner. Instead of entering one game at a time. I am to the point where my league directors enter their own scores. It beats the day of linking to a pdf standings page every few days.

Sommaire: It's perfect for my users, as it allows you to link to specific content pages and NL pages for what is relevant at a given point in the season.

You've got a great site also!

kevinkap

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I do not really like having to do the one game at a time thing. It really can be confusing if you have a bunch of divisions and teams have the same names in the divisions. I have resorted to putting the division abbreviation with the names. I tried to enter a round robin tournament the end of March. Too much editing to get it to look correct. I have thought about hiring Raven to go through and fix the problems I have found, it would probably cost more than I can afford, and I cannot speak the language at the site that currently does some upkeep for the module. I have used the football mod as well, it works pretty good too.

carl0527

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quote

I too have considered hiring some coding help. I definitely don't have the time to pick up the skills to do it myself. Maybe when I retire I can pick up programming as my second career.
Since my use is limited to baseball/softball I wondered whether it would be easier to start from scratch rather than have an outside person "learn" how NL was constructed and modify it from there.

There is definitely not much support out there for NL, especially in English. I half toyed with the idea of starting a support forum for it. Since I have little to offer in the area of trouble shooting I'm not sure it would be productive. I'd be open to the idea, I try to search out other NL users just to see what others are able to accomplish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic