Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
jondvb
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Which block tweak is used on the right to scroll the latest forum entries?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:34 pm Reply with quote

I think this is it. For some reason it wasn't in my downloads, but I added it. If that's not it, let me know.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jondvb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:38 pm Reply with quote

That was it! Works nice! Thanks.

drenalin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote

ok I'm going back a few years here it looks like - Sorry folks
I downloaded the scroll block for the forums "block-ForumsScroll" and installed it for a preview on my site. I have an open general section which as it suggests is an open and public area, I also have an out side world section in the forums - also a public section. Now in addition to the two public sections I have a members only section and an Admin only section. as they siggest only the Admins should be able to see the items in the Admin only section and only the members should be able to see the items in the members only section, however during the test I noticed that the scroll shows all the last 15 posts in the forums.
I edited the line ($result1) text to include the following (WHERE forum_id NOT IN('Zone1','Zone2') [where Zone1 & Zone2 have been renamed to reflect the actual name of the "Private Forum Section"] but this has not stopped them from showing up in the public scroll.

What have I over looked and or done wrong? a strong slap in the face is appreciated.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Make sure when you are testing that you are not logged in as Admin. That will test for regular members. Then, to test guests, make sure you are logged out completely.

drenalin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote

I thought the same thing.
Logged out totaly and closed the browser - reopened it and went to the site as an unregistered visiter. I could see the topics and the poster of all the items I don't want non reg's and non admins to see.
I must have over looked something but what?

drenalin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote

On the plus side, if I go in as an unregistered user - I can't gain access to the "Members Section' nor the "Admin Section" of the forums through the scroll - but it still shows them.
I have tried to force it to read from only the "General Section" & "Outside Life" section. That failed.
I ripped code from the "forums" block that works correctly on the site and does not show the "private" sections of the forums - and that did not work.
At this point I would just be happy to keep it from showing hte "Admin" section.

gotcha
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote

This one won't show any private posts in the block, even if you are allowed to view that section.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
(don't let the link throw you off, its free and no registration is required)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic