Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
wolfseye
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quote

I tested with a friend today if he can register on my Website. He gets always a Registration Error. No more Infos.

I know, that thing is like dozends of times in the forums here already, but usually it has something in addition, like Registration Error - Invalid Username or whatever else, but it just says Registration Error. Tried with some other friend that works some time with NUKE now. We checked in all the places where there is some setting concerning User Activation.

All should work, but it isn´t.

What is the Problem or could it be ?

Wolfseye

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Can we confirm it is not just an error with his account by trying on your site?
My guess is that it is a table problem, esp if yours does not match the standard v2.20.00 tables

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
wolfseye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
Can we confirm it is not just an error with his account by trying on your site?
My guess is that it is a table problem, esp if yours does not match the standard v2.20.00 tables

My Installation is a fresh 2.20.00 Ravennuke, no Update, just a clean full install. So I doubt I forgot something that wasn´t ment. And its not just a problem for one person, I also tried with 2 other peoples, for them it also doesn´t work.

Wolfseye

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote

If we could see the problem, it would help. It could also be that you don't have a working captcha... It would be best if we could try it ourselves as this is working fine for many others already. So, its got to be something in your environment / setup / install.

wolfseye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:27 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
If we could see the problem, it would help. It could also be that you don't have a working captcha... It would be best if we could try it ourselves as this is working fine for many others already. So, its got to be something in your environment / setup / install.

Got it now working. The Install did not write one enty in the users_temp table. A friend of mine did that for me then and now it works.

It was that like with "requestor".

Wolfseye

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:38 am Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know you are workng now.
I hope you don't mind, I have altered your post 'subject' so we can more easily identify posts we need to follow up on.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:34 am Reply with quote

Actually, this IS an issue and we need to correct the download IMO. I am lobbying to get the download corrected as well as we should post the fix as a sticky.

Sorry about that wolfseye.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:50 am Reply with quote

Montego wrote:
I am lobbying ...

Well, that's unique verbiage ROTFL

I will be posting the fix shortly. Sorry for the miscue. This one fell through the cracks between the new and old installer. In the interim, you can just run this code snippet from the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin. Replace ????? with your config setting for $user_prefix (usually is nuke).

ALTER TABLE `?????_users_temp` ADD `requestor` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL;

So, if your setting for $user_prefix is nuke then your statement will look like this.

ALTER TABLE `nuke_users_temp` ADD `requestor` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL;

If you receive an error that the column already exists then don't worry about it Wink

wolfseye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quote

Its no problem, I am just glad it was not my own stupidity or beeing new to NUKE that imagined that but something you can fix so others don´t have the same problem. I am glad i could help this way to find something that isn´t working right.

Thank you for your replies etc. Wink

Wolfseye

Anders
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Now after 2 weeks running i got this problem 2 need to run TegoNuke Mailer then it works did try that raven did put in but dont work ........did have distro 2.20.00
and have update today... but seems to have same prob still

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin and look at the users_temp table. Is there a column named requestor? If there is then you don't have the same issue that was discussed here. If there isn't then you need to use the ALTER statement above.

Anders

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote

ok i have requestor but what can it be then?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Since this thread pertains to a specific registration error that is now fixed, please open up a new thread for your issue. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic