Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
cme4pt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:12 am Reply with quote

As Guardian will recall as he helped me with NSN Group Downloads when the installer script kept failing and redirecting to my site's home page. He felt it was because the MySQL server was slow.

However, I'm now having trouble with another script (Content Plus) doing the same thing. I'm not so sure it is the MySQL server issue because the original RN installer ran fine.

I'm wondering if there is something in the NukeSentinel or in the htaccess files or elsewhere that could be blocking the script from running?

The CGI error log doesn't register anything.

Just trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!
cme4pt

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote

cme4pt, are you sure this is RavenNuke 2.20.00? The issue really ended up being nukeFEED, an earlier version of it, and that issue has been corrected in RavenNuke (and most likely in kguske's download too).

That was the original problem that a couple of us ran into.

Also check your Apache access logs to see if you can see a redirect in there. Not sure if it will show or not, but just another check.

cme4pt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote

It is 2.20.00 and NukeFEED is active on the site. What was the fix, just to replace the nukeFEED module/scripts?

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote

Ok, I had to look it up. I think the issue was in this file:

includes/custom_files/nukeSEO/nukeFEEDhdr.php

If you had installed nukeFEED previous to RN 2.20 (i.e., you upgraded to RN 2.20), it is possible that if you did not replace this file from the distribution????

Try re-uploading that and see.

At least its worth checking that out. If that is not it, they maybe a .htaccess rewrite rule?

cme4pt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quote

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a shot. This was a fresh install for a new site with 2.20 but stranger things have happened.

cme4pt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote

No joy on this potential fix. Still having the same issues. No rewrites in the htaccess file. Any other ideas?

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote

cme4pt, Did you ever get this sorted?

I am not sure what it could be other than the above, or, maybe it could be a patch level issue. But, that is usually due to using non-patched or older patched systems. RavenNuke is fully patched already... latest.

The only other thing that I can think of is have you tried being logged in as admin first then try running the installer?

Unfortunately I've never used that script so don't know much about how it is coded.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quote

Last time I ended up stripping the installer down to the raw sql so I could inject it directly into phpMyAdmin and even then I could only transfer a small amount of data at a time as it kept falling over.
I think you were actually lucky to get RN installed without it halting due to the problems I had with even a small amount of data.
I couldn't say for certain whether the hosting provider has too many accounts on the server or if it was just having a few bad days but it took me several hours just to run a simple query Sad

cme4pt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote

As Guardian noted apparently there are some issues with the MySQL server. I had a similar problem with another script for Slaytanic's Content Plus. He was kind enough to provide me the SQL file which ran fine from phpmyadmin though it was seemingly slow. Fortunately it didn't take hours as Guardian noted.

I guess I better put in a support ticket with my hosting company. I'm not having issues like these with my other sites on their servers. As Roseanna Roseanna Danna used to say "It's always something!"

Thanks for all the help and support.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quote

Yes sorry. A lot of that time was taken up stripping the raw sql from the php installer file so I could send a small amount of data at a time. Sometimes it was fine, other times it just fell over half way through and then of course I had to go back and make sure (because of the problems experienced) that each table and field was absolutely correct.
I didn't mean to imply that I was dawdling lol

For what it's worth, the 'general feel' I was getting was the it was just bogging down due to high loads. How is the site running in general?
Perhaps it might just be that we caught it on a bad couple of days or something.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote

Yeah...nukeFEED is the problem - I, uh, I - I invented it. Yeah! That's right! That's the ticket! Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quote

kguske now you have lost me completely - are you saying nukeFEED is responsible for bogging down a mysql server or have I missed something here.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote

kguske, I needed to rule that out because you did have a redirect issue in the custom file in an early version of nukeFEED. I just wanted to make sure he didn't have that original code in there.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Just noticed this again from another thread. Guardian, I can't see how nukeFEED is responsible for bogging down a MySQL server. It barely uses MySQL and caches data from inbound feeds in a file.

As for a redirect issue, I'm not sure I understand how that could have happened on any other page than the feeds page itself. Montego, can you refresh my memory?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Just noticed this again from another thread. Guardian, I can't see how nukeFEED is responsible for bogging down a MySQL server. It barely uses MySQL and caches data from inbound feeds in a file.

I never said it was Smile.
The problem this user originally reported was that he was having difficulty running the RN installer and then also another installer for the third part Content Plus module.
'M' seemed to think there might be an issue with page refreshing so I offered to install the sql via the users phpMyAdmin and even that was baulking so it was clearly high mysql server load. Eventually we got everything up and running and a few days later the problems disappeared - presumable the hosting copmany moved some accounts to another server or something.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
kguske now you have lost me completely - are you saying nukeFEED is responsible for bogging down a mysql server or have I missed something here.

Sorry - I was responding to this. Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote

NP Smile

montego

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
As for a redirect issue, I'm not sure I understand how that could have happened on any other page than the feeds page itself. Montego, can you refresh my memory?

Revision: 1871
Author: kguske
Date: 11:00:36 AM, Sunday, January 13, 2008
Minor mod to correct redirect on direct access
----
Modified : /trunk/html/includes/custom_files/nukeSEO/nukeFEEDhdr.php

The above was causing us issues with installing other modules. I believe it was NSN GR Downloads where I saw the issue originally. I tried to execute the installer and it would just redirect. Once you made that fix, all was well with the world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic