Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote

I think Paypal must have changed their API a bit starting in January 2008. I suddenly noticed donors being charged shipping and handling. This is because my site also sells a few t-shirts, and I have a shipping profile setup in my paypal account. If you don't have this, you probably won't see this problem. Anyway, looking at the latest Paypal documentation I think I have a fix.

Find your modules/Donations/Donations.html file.

Find this:

Code:

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">

and change to this:

Code:

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_donations">

Its long been on my to-do list to clean that module up. It is riddled with PHP warnings. I've fixed the XHTML errors.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Its long been on my to-do list to clean that module up. It is riddled with PHP warnings. I've fixed the XHTML errors.

I am preparing to release the next version of treasury since I now maintain it. I have made it xhtml compliant, cleaned up all the notices, warnings, errors, etc. and added some other features. You probably should just submit any changes/fixes to me and I will include them when I release it, giving proper credit, of course Wink

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote

Oh cool! Smile

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Raven, would it have multi-currency support?
If it does I can finally get rid of the UK currency version I have available on my site.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Raven, would it have multi-currency support?
If it does I can finally get rid of the UK currency version I have available on my site.

Bang Head Uh, maybe? There's a good chance it could especially if you send me the requirements or better yet, the code Smile. Since I live in a vacuum here in Kansas, I only think of/in USD and have never had an issue Laughing

Obviously I'm not as close to releasing this tweaked and spruced up version quite yet Wink. Time to collaborate!

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Apparently Paypal has made yet another API change. I haven't confirmed this for sure yet, but it looks like donation buttons now ignore the os0, on0, os1, on1 parameters now. There was a post about this issue on the paypal community forums from a paypal support person.

The NukeTreasury script was using those for the "Yes! Tell the world I gave my hard earned cash." vs keeping the donor anonymous. If this is true I think I will hack mine to conditionally use the custom field: either put the users name there or $anonymous.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote

I've always used the custom field.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote

So when are you going to release the code? Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote

The way I figure it, it will be in 1st quarter 2009 ROTFL I am so Microsoft anymore.

Gremmie, you know my situation. I reprioritize every day the best I can Wink

Gremmie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quote

I completely understand, lol.

I just know your forums are going to get innundated with questions about this if it really is a permanent change. The gaming clans use this script a lot.

I recoded my NukeTreasury last night, switching from the on0/os0 to the custom field to catch the user's name. I also fixed a boat load of warnings and XHTML problems in the module. I'm hoping to receive a donation shortly to see if it worked. Smile I'll clean up the admin section and then post my changes somewhere.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote

Well according to a paypal guy, I could switch it back to _xclick and then add a hidden shipping variable set to 0.0. Then the original NukeTreasury code that uses os0 and on0 would work and my donors would not be charged shipping.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote

Thanks. As I mentioned above, I already have it XHTML compliant and all the notices, warnings, and errors have been eliminated. Maybe if I sent you my new code then you can make your changes and send it back?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Sounds good. Looks like I only need to add a hidden shipping = 0.0. I also added a check inside the ipn script to not process the transaction if it was not a donation. Otherwise non-site members sending me money for other things were ending up in the block as anonymous.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Actually you should make that an admin option. I know people who use it for all money received.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Thanks guys for collaborating on this. Wish I had the time to contribute, but will most certainly retrofit my site to what you release and let you know if I run into any issues.

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:01 am Reply with quote

There has always been a problem with this module on various systems. I recently switched my site back over to RavenNuke and attempted to install Nuke Treasury V1.1 only to find a problem in the admin module when trying to access the Treasury Administration.

I researched all the forums and found that I needed to change all the $dbi and corresponding $sql statements. Since installing this on 3 RavenNuke 2.4v sites and had no problems, I decided to archive all the files to a new zip file and make it available to everyone. I still need to verify that the ipn feature works by posting transactions from paypal.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] made all the changes from v1.0 to v1.1.

You can find this zip in the downloads at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] as Nuke Treasury v1.2 (This is only to identify it from all the others on various sites).

bobbyg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
I think Paypal must have changed their API a bit starting in January 2008. I suddenly noticed donors being charged shipping and handling. This is because my site also sells a few t-shirts, and I have a shipping profile setup in my paypal account. If you don't have this, you probably won't see this problem. Anyway, looking at the latest Paypal documentation I think I have a fix.

Find your modules/Donations/Donations.html file.

Find this:

Code:

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">

and change to this:

Code:

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_donations">

I added this plus all the changes required to make it fit W3C criteria.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote

bobbyg, I wasn't able to download this on your site. Not sure why, but it says module isn't active, even though I was able to search and find the download. We'll probably want to look into why the nukeNAV menu isn't displayed problem when you receive that error message...

Could it be that the download link isn't correct?

bobbyg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote

Sorry, been up over 32 hours. Messed up the link in the download. It is fixed now,

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote

I already released compatible versions when RN 2.3 was released including XHTML compliance and other bug fixes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic