Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
danny234
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:06 am Reply with quote

Ok so I'm new to all this website stuff and just managed to get a website running with raven nuke 2.00.00 or whatever version it was. In the admin panel you can goto nuke feed can someone explain what this does? I'm guessing it takes your website information and puts it on the web?
What I really wanted to know was can I get a feed from somewhere else to put on my website so the updates and information will show on my website also so it means I don't write any news etc if you get what I mean.
sorry if it sounds like a strange post I'm new to all this so I'm a beginner, forgive me lol

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote

Nuke feed produced an RSS/ATOM feed of the content you specify so others can subscribe to that feed.

It is possible to grab someone else's feed and have it display in a block. Have a look at the blocks administration there is section where you can post the feed you want and give it a name etc.

If you want something more advanced you could look at something like the Multiheadlines module.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote

This might help:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If not, and you still have questions, feel free to post back here.

danny234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote

Well I read the other post but I still don't know how I could do this well anyway, I have a ps3 website and I want on my website the games releases and news about them and so on, I'm presuming that this nuke feed thing will do it for me in some way? Well I searched around and found a link http://www.us.playstation.com/News/RSS
so how would I get 1 of these categories to be placed into my website would I copy the link into something to get the updates of games etc? It' confuses me lol

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quote

It might also behoove you to read the Nuke Manual on this site. You may find it helpful over time, even though it is quite out-of-date. At least most of the functions per se are still valid.

You need to add what is called an RSS feed to your site. You do this using the Blocks administration. You put the link, like the one you have above, in the "RSS/RDF file URL:" field and create your block. That's it.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote

nukeFEED creates feeds from the content you create on your website - news, forums, etc. It's purpose is to make your content available to others, which can help bring traffic to your website.

nukePIE, which replaces the PHP-Nuke feed reader used to display incoming feeds from other sites in blocks, can do what you what. If you're using RN 2.20 or higher, you can simply specify the playstation URL (e.g. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in the blocks administration function RSS/RDF File URL field when adding a new block.

danny234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your help guys you learn something new everyday :p
you all do a great job here I must say.

Thanks
Danny

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quote

danny234 wrote:
you all do a great job here I must say.

Tell all your friends... Wink Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic