Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback
esttecb
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Hi, A lot of search engines are checking for Duplicate title tags and Duplicate meta descriptions (as google) this cause that may negatively impact your site's performance in the search results pages. For example, I have 55 indexed pages to google with Duplicate title tags right now. and 120 pages with Duplicate meta descriptions.
I'm asking for an addon that shows random titles an tags for my site (obviously this needs be related with the content page)...
If with the last raven nuke this's not possible, maybe you want add some addons like these in future versions.

TY in advanced

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quote

We are working on an upgrade for nukeSEO that will allow dynamic title, meta description and meta tag - but not random. I don't think random will serve the intended purpose.

With the next release of nukeSEO, you will be able to override a these things for a page, possibly use a method for determining (e.g. default for the current module), or use a default for the site.

Also, duplicate content refers to the content in the BODY of the page, rather than in the HEAD section. In fact, two pages with completely different, but related, content, might have a valid need to use the same keywords, if not title (often the site title, rather than a page title) and description. Duplicate content can occur, for example, when you use two domains for the same site or when you have a print version of a page that the spider can see. Based on Montego's recommendation, we are looking into modifications to the robot.txt file (among other techniques) to prevent the latter. Regarding using multiple domains for the same site, as Smokey the Bear used to say, "Only you can prevent forest fires."

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote

OK, OK. I was wrong... Sad

I did a little research on duplicate content and found a quote from Aaron Wall of SEO Book:
Quote:
If you have complete duplication of any element (page, title, meta keywords, meta description) across your site, then it is at best a wasted opportunity, but may also hurt your ability to get your site indexed or ranked well in some search engines.

I can only say that in my experience, that has not been the case with the search engines (Google) that matter.

Jaimie Sirovich and Cristian Darie, in Professional Search Engine Optimization with PHP, go on to suggest that if your META tags aren't unique, you might as well not have them. Again, in my experience, this has not been the case.

Still, I definitely agree that having unique titles, meta descriptions and meta keywords for each page is definitely a benefit!

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote

esttecb, turn on the Dynamic Titles switch in rnconfig.php to at least give you that. Dynamic meta tags will have to wait for a nukeSEO release...

esttecb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Montego, I'll waiting

kguske wrote:
Still, I definitely agree that having unique titles, meta descriptions and meta keywords for each page is definitely a benefit!

I agree Laughing

jestrella

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote

have you tried dynamic keywords Razz [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
kguske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Sounds good - by dynamic, do you mean by module?

jestrella

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote

this is how it works...
you specify a global set of keywords (they will be used in the index page and in the modules that did not have any keywords assigned)
and of course, you can set keywords by module

montego

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote

Interesting....

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:47 am Reply with quote

esttecb you should also worry about your forums because this produce over and over worthless links and duplicate entries.
There are a lot more things to consider e.g. you standard domain.
When you use both versions with www and without you ´ll have normally two different pages indexed and thats also bad.
My list is much longer but search engines like google change there behavior or logarithm often so you need to check your sites and the effects your ranking, your indexed sites also often.
For example my site was good optimized with over 50.000 pages indexed and suddenly I lost daily pages I watched this over a year but these urls, around 40.000, never came back.

vaudevillian
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote

I dont know if this is true but. Some of the research I have done on the google bots does not point to meta tag handling but more on the first page and what you have on it. I was thinking about a splash page with a css box in the negitive vales and displaying links and different services I will have included in the box. It will not be visible but be at the top of the list for when crawler bots come by. this way it will be almost 100% optimized for what I need. But if you dont want to do a splash page you can throw the css code into a block(header is better at the top) and put it in the negitives at the top of your page. Smile hope this helps some people.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Be careful with hidden stuff - the bots are getting better at detecting it, and if detected - it will hurt your rankings.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Absolutely! You start hiding stuff and they detect it, you'll get spanked real hard.

vaudevillian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Raven site has an 86% SEO optimization XD nice job.

vaudevillian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote

I found a great read. Its google howto XD Hope this might help your sites.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote

XD?

vaudevillian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote

Its a crunchy eye face with a big smile.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Funny - I thought it was some sort of acronym for a test that you used to calculate Raven's optimization percentage. How did you calculate that?

vaudevillian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote

There are optimzation websites that spacificly calculate on crawler bot spacifics. I used one to look it up. My two site sored low but there is not much on them yet.

This site has some nice whois stats [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback

View next topic
View previous topic