Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:24 am Reply with quote

Hi All,

I recently installed the latest version of Raven Nuke (Version 2.20.00).

I have some questions about how to make some modifications to the included/integrated FCK editor and have been browsing the raven forums for some answers.

I cannot find any specific ultimate answers to the questions, so wonder if you could address them now, or point to me to any links that may have the information I require, (if they have already been addressed/resolved).

1. By default, the FCK editor allows any admin users to upload images. I would like to know how to change the folder that images are uploaded to?

2. On the FCK editor menu, I do not see an option to upload anything other than images. However the upload directory, (located at includes/FCKeditor/upload), where the uploaded images directory is located, contains 4 further directories, (File, Flash, Image, Media), suggesting that there is more than one way/button on the FCK editor menu to upload images. Is this correct? If so, where are the other upload facilities...i.e for Flash, Image, Media?

3. I realise that for security issues, by default the FCK editor does not allow users to upload images. How can I change this so that my website does allow users to upload images, (when they submit a news item)? Also, can I restrict this if desired, to only allow registered users to upload images (when they submit a news item)?

Thanks in advance.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote

If you look in
includes/FCKeditor/fckconfig.php you can see how the different toolbars are assigned.
You would need to trace the toolbar itself to add specific funtionality and set the relevant paths so that files were uploaded to the correct directories etc.
Sorry I couldn't help more.
You caould also take a t look at the FCKeditors development site for more specific information if you needed.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote

Hi Guardian,

Thanks for your reply to my original posting and it is appreciated. Smile

However I do not see a file called fckconfig.php where you suggested, (but there is fckconfig.js).

I would still appreciate it further if someone could address the 3 individual/specific points I highlighted. Cool

Thanks in advance everyone. Cheers

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote

1. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

2. You can add a flash icon to your admin toolset that lets you include flash and upload it. But you'll need to allow the appropriate HTML tags (e.g. object) in the $allowable_html array in config.php. I believe the Save function allows you to save HTML files generated via the editor - not sure it's intended to work like an FTP transfer through FCKeditor. Also not sure how the media directory is used. I could not find any evidence that either /media or /file is used by searching the code.

3. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] explains how to allow upload and what changes are required to allow specific NSN groups to upload.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quote

Hi KGuske,

Thank you for your concise reply to my original posting. Smile

I have begun checking the information you have provided and am currently trying to edit the includes/FCKeditor/fckconfig.js file.

I see clearly the following 2 facts:

1. Modifying the code/values for the code FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["NukeUser"] adds or removes functionality from ALL website users FCKEditor toolbars.

2. Modifying the code/values for the code FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["PHPNukeAdmin"] adds or removes functionality from the Administrators FCKEditor toolbars.

What I cannot work out and would appreciate information for, is what the following code is relative to and what will be changed if it modified:

1. FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["Artikel"]

2. FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["Default"]

Thanks in advance.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Those are additional toolsets. If I remember correctly, Artikel was defined by an earlier version of FCKeditor for PHP-Nuke, and I left it there in case some still used that toolset. Default was also defined, though I'm not sure if it's used. You can make changes to these toolsets or define new tool sets, but they won't get used unless changes are made to the applications (modules, admin functions, etc.) to specify the new or changed toolset.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote

Hi KGuske,

Again thank you for that last reply.

Currently, I am struggling to identify which part of the code, (in the fckconfig.js file), should be modified/changed, in order to change the directory any uploaded files are placed in. Crying or Very sad

I see that in a previous post you explained:

kguske wrote:
You can change the directories where you want to upload stuff in the fckconfig.js, but I can't think of any really good reasons for doing that.

The reason I am interested in this information is two fold:

1. I want uploaded images to be placed in a directory with a more specific/appropriate name, (such as user_submitted_news_images). This would prove easier to locate on the server, particularly if someone less experienced as you or I has to find this at a later time etc.

2. I may even simply rename the current directory the uploaded files are placed in, (without moving it to another part of my directory structure), but again I require the information in order to change the relevant code in the fckconfig.js file. Wink

I look forward to receiving your further reply. Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote

emmaphp wrote:
Currently, I am struggling to identify which part of the code, (in the fckconfig.js file), should be modified/changed, in order to change the directory any uploaded files are placed in. Crying or Very sad

My mistake. The path can be configured in:
includes/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/php/config.php

You can specify whether or not to UseFileType in the target path (or upload everything in the same directory).

You can also specify the UserFilesPath to change it to something other than /includes/FCKeditor/upload/.

Please understand that we haven't tested this, so we cannot support it if it doesn't work correctly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic