Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
zane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quote

Hello. I have a problem with something in my clean install of RavenNuke. When I post news, there is no "Posted by xxxx On Tuesday" that appears.

What can be the problem?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quote

You must have gotten it to work? Required a theme change right? Wink

zane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote

I am still missing the date and time for the post. Does that show at yours browser?

(Sorry for my english, i'm Norwegian)

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote

The date and time appears to be showing for me in Firefox.

Brujo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote

date & time is shown for me (i belive it is date and time my Norway is not very good Smile) with FF & IE

zane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quote

Strange... It is still not working for me.

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Zane I believe there is a difference logged in as admin or not. The issue could be within the theme and/or possible within the old lang files also.I never used this theme, SlashOcean, before so FKelly should take a look.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Noted. I will try to look at it in the next couple of days. What language are you using? And ... reading back in the thread you don't say explicitly what version. Is this the recently release 2.20? If so, we didn't package all the language files. And just to confirm the theme, this is SlashOcean? Do you have the same problem if you switch to Slash or say to fisubice? I am just asking these questions cause the answers save us a lot of time in tracking to the source of the problem.

zane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:02 am Reply with quote

It is SlahsOcean, yes. I am using english_language, but i have done som changes in some language files. I do not think this is the problem, since i have just done som simple changes.

And yes, it is the latest version, 2.20

fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get to look at this. But, I just confirmed that SlashOcean is not one of the themes that we made compliant in RN2.10 and we haven't done major work on the themes since. So whatever bug you are seeing is a "legacy" bug. And actually looking at the code I believe it is working as intended.

The relevant section (which as in so many of these brain dead themes is repeated several times) is:

Code:
                             <?php echo _POSTEDBY.' ';    if (is_user($user)||is_admin($admin)) echo '<a href="modules.php?name=Your_Account&amp;op=userinfo&amp;username='.$aid.'">'.$aid.'</a>';

else echo $aid .' ' ._ON .' '.$datetime.' ('. $counter.' '._READS.')' ?>

So, if the is_user or is_admin condition is satisfied, which it will be in most cases you get the author id being posted without date time and reads. If the user is not signed on then you will get the part with the date time and reads being posted.

I would recommend that you use a compliant theme that is listed at:

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt12883.html

Or you could go in and change the logic here (and in the several places where it occurs) but you'd still be dealing with a brain dead theme.

It is almost surely too late to get any fix into 2.20.01 and in any event I don't think we will be doing patchwork on these unless there is something truly broken.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote

I had an "unsatisfied" feeling last night when I looked at Slashocean. The formatting of the code looked like something we had worked on last year (we fixed up indents and the like). This morning I had a few minutes and ran the w3c validator against the output from my test site. Sure enough it validated. More research and we had fixed both Slash and SlashOcean to be compliant last year. I apologize for the mistake.

So Slashocean is compliant so I looked at what's different between Slash and Slashocean. They handle the POSTEDBY section of logic differently. When I substitute the Slash logic into SlashOcean it comes out with the postedby area correct however the class being used for the text font causes it to be unreadable. Removing the font makes it readable. And saves a nanosecond or two.

To fix it yourself, in themeindex find two instances of:

Code:
                            <td>

<?php echo _POSTEDBY.' ';    if (is_user($user)||is_admin($admin)) echo '<a href="modules.php?name=Your_Account&amp;op=userinfo&amp;username='.$aid.'">'.$aid.'</a>';
    else echo $aid.' '._ON.' '. $datetime.' ('.$counter.' '._READS.')' ?>
                            </td>

and replace it with this:

Code:
                     <td>

<?php echo _POSTEDBY ;?>
                            <?php formatAidHeader($aid); echo ' '. _ON;?>
                            <?php echo"$datetime "; ?> (<?php echo $counter.' '._READS; ?>)</font>
                            </td>

Note: replace the whole td twice.

I think that fixes it but let me know.

I doubt this can get into rn2.20.01 because I doubt there's time enough for adequate testing but I will check.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic