Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
oneunit
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote

i have no idea how to do this

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Read the HowToInstall and search the forums and you should find the answers.

If you are still not sure post back.

oneunit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote

i dont know how to open the files, there all in php and i dont know what program opens them

jakec

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote

OK, well I use Notepad++ to read the files and edit them.

You'll need to setup a database and change your config.php to match your database settings. Upload the files to your webspace and then have a read of the HowToInstall directory. You can also read it here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
That will tell you the next step.

oneunit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote

it worked. thanks. now i have another problem. i went to load the theme through file manager and put it as my theme. when i saved changes and refreshed my explorer, the page was blank, i tried going to my admin.php page and that was blank too

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote

Sorry please can you clarify where you changed the theme?

You need to change it through the admin panel in Nuke. The default will be fisubice, so must upload this as a minimum.

If you get blank pages the first thing to do is to turn on error reporting in the config.php file and post the results here, but don't post the entire filepaths, just the end bits. Wink

oneunit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote

how do i change my theme if i cant get to my admin.php?

Last edited by oneunit on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total 
oneunit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:58 am Reply with quote

ok i did it and i removed the pathways

Last edited by oneunit on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total 
oneunit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:04 am Reply with quote

this is what the error report came up as

Warning: main(themes/http/theme.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in on line 280

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/http/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/pear') in on line 280

Warning: head(themes/http/theme.php) [function.head]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in on line 40

Warning: head() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/http/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/pear') in on line 40

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: themeheader() in on line 92

wolfseye
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote

I also have an account with Siteground. Had no problems with the Installation, at least nothing Siteground specific.

Hope you can solve your problems. Wink

Wolfseye

oneunit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote

it was when i put my theme up, it just messed up. thanks

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote

So lets go back a few steps.

I assume the site was working with the default fisubice theme?

Then you uploaded your new theme and changed it to your new theme within the admin panel?

Now you are getting a blank page and the above errors?

What theme are you trying to use?

oneunit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quote

i uploaded a theme i bought from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
the only problem was when i uploaded it, instead of uploading the ct_green file, i uploaded the folder it came in, which was http. from this point. is where i got the blank page after making the http my theme.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote

OK, so the messages you are getting is due to the files not being found.

A few things you can do to fix then.

Edit your database to point back to fisubice, then reload the theme using the correct directory and change back to your theme. If you do a search in the forums you will find discussions on this from previous problems people have had.

oneunit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote

problem solved. thank you!

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Excellent.

It can be a steep learning kerb if you are just starting out and sometimes learning the hard way it better. Laughing Stick with it and it will be worth it in the end. Wink

oneunit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote

ok lol another question.

this is my first time ever on php. its much different from html, which im used to. If i wanted to add a page, like an about me, join us, challange us, etc.... how do i do it. i know this is the basic stuff, but i def am stupid when it comes to php

oneunit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quote

also, my form is out of date. i followed the instructions, but i cant find where the update is..

" Version Information
Your installation does not seem to be up to date. Updates are available for your version of phpBB, please visit [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to obtain the latest version of BBToNuke (the ported version of phpBB files for phpNuke).
The latest available version is phpBB 2.0.23. You are running phpBB 2.0.22.
"

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:59 am Reply with quote

On your first point, you could use the Content module, or the News module. The Content module sounds like it might be more appropriate.

On your second point, since the new version of RN was released there has since been a new version of the forums released. Evaders has provided the new BBTONUKE to convert the forums. Have a look at the news here on the homepage and you will find the links to the new files.

oneunit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote

ya, i thought it was the content, but i dont see where it shows up when i save an activate it.

how do i get it to show on the nav bar?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Got to the nuke admin area.
Click on the link to 'Modules'
Look down the row of installed modules till you find 'Content' then click the 'Activate'. Smile

oneunit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote

lol wow... your correct. but still i dont see it. do you?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote

I see the Content module in your left hand menu.

Why did you rename GCalendar to Calender in the copyright pop-up box? That isn't the name of the module.

oneunit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote

was i not supposed to?

oh and your right i do see the content module, but i was wondering how i can have the "about us" page be on the navigation?
a theme cpanel install came with it that puts the links above below the header but i dont know how to install it

Gremmie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote

You shouldn't "monkey" with the copyright information. Someone spent a lot of time on that module. Wink

You need to ditch the default modules block and make a custom one. Then you can add a link that goes directly to your About Us content page.

How to do this? You could try the Sommaire block if you are a non-programmer. But I found it frustrating and difficult to use. You could just make your own HTML block in admin panel / blocks. And finally you could just make your own PHP file block.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic