Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
catweazle
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:52 am Reply with quote

Hi All!

I have this fresh install of RavenNuke(tm) 2.20.00 and everything is working like a charm except for the Advertising module. Data written to the "Add New Banner Client" form is not saved/written to the DB. I'm unable to add banners as well (but guess that's due to this first issue).

FYI:
Code:
$display_errors = true;
in root/config.php don't report any errors...

For the time being I'm using the Banners module from my old PHP-Nuke v7.6 + Patch3.2b to administer all banners, but would off love to have the Raven's Advertising module up and running...

Thanks alot in advanced for any input on this!

speedtype

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote

Check your site log, too. It sounds like there might be an issue with how the database was created.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote

Read up on the new dblog too. All the settings are explained in rnconfig. If you turn it on you should see any SQL errors ... and display errors does nothing to show these.

There was a transition somewhere back from 2.00.xx to 2.10.xx where the banner clients table was renames. The old one was, if memory serves "bannerclients" and the new one is "banner_clients". The 2.20 code refers to "banner_clients" ... with the prefix of course pre-pended. If you truly did a fresh install this should not be an issue but try the dblog out and see. If you get an error shown in dblog and need help just post it here.

catweazle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote

Well - guess it's no surprice that this issue was all my fault Embarassed

When I installed v2.20.00 I wanted my site to use my old theme, which gave a blank page due to the ads code in the theme. I deactivated the Advertising module, uploaded and activated my old Banners module instead. I replaced ofcource Raven's 5 banner tables in the db with the 2 old ones. This worked fine, but i was eager to try out the Advertisng module, so...

I removed the old Banners module, uploded and activated the Advertising module - and replaced those to old banner tables in the db with Raven's 5 new ones.

The dblog told me
Code:
February 16, 2008, 8:34 pm 1146 : Table 'xxxxx_xxxxx.nuke_bannerclient' doesn't exist

SQL was: select * from nuke_bannerclient

which reminded me that I forgot to delete the references to the old Banners module from the Admin part (in admin/case, links and modules) Embarassed

Working great now Exclamation
Thanks alot for your time and help,
Very Much Appreciated!! Thanks again!! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic