Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback
moon_spell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for release 2.2

is everythink perfect and pro but the BBtonuke is not premoded ! would you please add some bbtonuke modifications like evo nuke ?

because with this perfect release we need also some mods and prefixes on forums !

how to use premoded phpbb on raven ? like this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

i have installes the release but the forum is not moded Sad Sad please do somethink

thanks

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote

We have discussed this before and even have a couple of threads, I think, where we asked for community input. There are several negative issues with premodding imo. The main one is probably how to determine what mods to include? What is important to one is not important to another. We are more inclined to take the route that we took this time which is to include, as an addon, the attachment mod. We include the code that we know will work but it's not forced on anyone. You choose to install it if you want to.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Another issue is theme compatibility. Many forums mods require not only changes to the layout, but may also require additional graphics (e.g. buttons). Unless these are customized to the themes we know and love - the extra graphics appear using the default forums theme - usually clashing with the rest of the forums graphics. As Raven stated, you can choose to install the mod - and modify the graphics accordingly.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote

well i loved that the attachment mod was included, and the "install" was no trouble at all. I'd wanted this mod for awhile, but once I opened the "core edits" to files I changed my mind... Smile

Looked like alot of work..... and I had concerns I would get 1/2 way thru the mod and find a section of code that totally differed from what RN uses.. Not to mention re-doing it everytime a new RN comes out Smile

So if you want to include more in that manner I'd be quite happy with that Smile
Although I understand it get complicated if you have multiple mods, you can't really do an easy "replace files" unless you create a set for every possible combination of mods...

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quote

From what I understand, Evaders wrote the core edit files specifically for RavenNuke 2.20.00, so you should not experience any of these "differences" that you mention spasticdonkey. Also, didn't he already provide the modded files???? I think the readme might point to having multiple versions, but I believe what evaders has provided are just the RN 2.20.00 ones.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote

I provided the modded files for RavenNuke which were branched from version 2.20.00. For anyone just using the standard Nuke Patched files, they will have to wait until I release the full package on my site.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
I provided the modded files for RavenNuke which were branched from version 2.20.00. For anyone just using the standard Nuke Patched files, they will have to wait until I release the full package on my site.

And that, folks, is why he gets paid the big bucks ROTFL

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Guinea pigs.. - no I didn't say anything...

In all seriousness, its as complete as its going to get. A port of the code, nothing more or less. I will update it if the code changes, but I expect this mod probably won't get an update as phpBB3 includes attachments as a standard feature.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote

sorry guess I wasnt clear there. I had contemplated installing the mod myself prior to the current RN release. But I wasnt going to do it since it was too involved... I saw the install.txt file was like 70kb so I knew there was alot of of editing involved.

I only use RN and was planning to upgrade to your current version when it came out. Thought I might take a look at doing the mod after the upgrade, but was thrilled to find out it was included as an add-on... with no "edits" required.. Smile

moon_spell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote

yes this RN is a powerfull version ! but as you know some of user actions like profile and mods (gender , country , flags) and some main mods like quick register , aqick answer and integrated bb editor will be very use full on a nuke and bbtonuke for users info blocks to show their infos !

i recommend RN to anyone !

thanks for your great work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback

View next topic
View previous topic