Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
bradley20

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote

Whenever I press new topic the page redirects to the Your account page.... This won't be good as our main use for RavenNuke is the forums itself... whats the problem?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

virtualwar
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quote

bradley20 wrote:
Whenever I press new topic the page redirects to the Your account page.... This won't be good as our main use for RavenNuke is the forums itself... whats the problem?

Hey Bradley20 =)

Just a guess, but your users may have to sign in first. If you don't want that, then maybe you should set the permissions of your boards to allow "ALL" to write (rather than registered users).

If that doesn't solve your problem, then I don't know what it could be. =)

~VW

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:18 am Reply with quote

bradley20, virtualwar has nailed this one spot on. That is actually standard nuke behavior. Now, if the user is already logged in (you may want to have them delete their cookies and cache and then log back in just in case something has run amuck for a given user) and they are getting this, then we have a bug.

Also, just so everyone who finds this thread knows, we completely removed the ability of anyone to log in or create a new user from within the forums! This was actually a security hole that 2.20.00 fixes. We always redirect in this case to the proper Your Account login / registration.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with VW. It looks like you have the forums set so only registered users can post. Once they log in they should be redirected back.

I would recommend against opening up the forums so anyone can post though, as you are likely to get heavily spammed.

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote

Ah, looks like I was 11 minutes late posting. Doh.

bradley20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Nope, nothing is working. Everything keeps getting redirected... and I MEAN EVERYTHING. The activation email won't send blah blah..

Mad

montego

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote

I see that you have this in a subdirectory. Make sure you have the following correct:

Preferences --> Site URL = [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Forums --> Configuration --> Domain name = 101st-Airborne-Division.com/ablecompany

It is very important that these be correct for your setup.

Also, you could check under NukeSentinel that the ForceURL is not set.

This is all that I can think of as this is working fine for me on now two 2.20.00 sites.

bradley20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote

All have been set already in the past still doesn't work. Can someone PM me so I can send them administrator info?

montego

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote

There has got to be a corrupt file somewhere or you are missing a file. I have seen this happen like this before in this case. Please use a good FTP tool such as FileZilla (free from sourceforge.net) to try re-uploading the includes directory and modules/Forums.

Also, make sure your Forum cookies are set correctly. There are several threads here which discuss this.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 am Reply with quote

You also mentioned that the activation email won't send, can you confirm whether your host supports php_mail, or if you are using SMTP?

Also I tried registering on your site, can you confirm if my username is shown in the Resend Email module. If it is can you activate the account and I'll have a look at this redirecting from a user point of view.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:06 am Reply with quote

I received the email and activated the account. I was then able to select New Topic and I was not redirected back to Your Account.

I am missing something?

bradley20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Now I can't post a topic.... And does the users ALL have to clear cookies?

Quote:

Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

bprsk8r4272
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote

you may not have your cookies setup correctly check again and if you think there correct go to one of the bbtonuke forums on here and look for the invalid sessions fix also there is a bbtonuke mod called autocookies that will setup your cookies correct

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bradley20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote

No whenever I try posting a topic... this shows

"Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form."

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quote

yes it has to do with not setting up your cookies correctly

bradley20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote

I deleted all my cookies and re loggined and all..

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 pm Reply with quote

im not talking about that go to your forums administration under General Admin go to Configuration scroll down til you see Cookie settings you have to make sure this is configured correctly or else you will get the invalid session when trying to post on the forums

bradley20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote

What to I configure it to?

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quote

Invalid sessions and the cookies setup have been discussed before in these forums, please do a search. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic