Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
wolfseye
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quote

Hi,

since I am new to phpNUKE I wonder if there is a manual or some like that on the most basics of Sentinel and how I should configure it the first time I use it.

Don´t want to make something wrong before I actually know what to set there. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Wolfseye

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:41 am Reply with quote

There is a manual but its not up-to-date:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

beneed this there are help buttons in NukeSentinel and how to configure is also explained within the forum.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:53 am Reply with quote

Even though it isn't up-to-date, the manual should provide a sufficient introduction to the basics and how to configure it. The default settings are recommend, for the most part, with an exception being setting up admin authentication. As Susann pointed out, the pop-up help can provide specific details on settings and should be current.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quote

Here is a good opportunity for a non-programmer to contribute something to the Nuke community by writing an updated Nuke Sentinel manual.

wolfseye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quote

Thank you. Those File Edits in that Manual, do I still have to do them, also with this latest Version, or is that only folder older Sentinel Installations ?

Just to make sure.

Wolfseye

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote

You always need to do the edits for core files like its described in your downloaded NukeSentinel pack.Only in RavenNuke its already done.

wolfseye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quote

Thats what I ment, i downloaded latest Ravennuke. What is left for me to do in there ?

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote

Wolfseye check the HowToInstall there is also something about configure NukeSentinel.
Its all explained.
Activate HTTP AUTH and check the settings of your blocker and check also the settings in the NukeSentinel administration if you wish to change these.

wolfseye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote

Well, if these File Edits are already done by Raven, then I wonder why it isn´t in the mainfile.php and javascript.php like the manual says. So what do I do ? Do i add it now or not ?

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote

No, you don´t need to edit your files using RavenNuke.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote

If I may jump in;
Susann I believe was just trying to explain that although you do not have to make any file edits because Nuke Sentinel is built into RavenNuke, that you should read the HowToInstall as there is additional information there that will help you understand the security of your site better.
Nuke Sentinel provides and additional security step 'HTTP AUTH' which Susann refered to and which the installer cannot do for you - it is a manual process should you choose to take advantage of it.
The HowToInstall also explains that the installation process does set up the most common settings for you automatically but as Susann mentioned, you may want to tweak them a little when you get to know how and why they work.

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Amen

Btw: There is a German Nuke Sentinel Guide at cybertipps.com and I think we ´ll it extend this year. Smile

wolfseye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote

Thank you. One more question if I may. For making my own Site Navigation, someone told me about a Module called SOMMAIR or some like that, and he thought it would be included but i can´t find so I think it isnt. Is that something you would recommend installing or if not, is there a reason for it ?

Is there a difference in what Version of this Module I should use with RN ?

Thanks in advance already, sorry for asking those n00b Questions, just trying to find out what I need to know before I do something wrong.

Wolfseye Wink

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote

Sure I had Sommaire on one of my RavenNuke testsites. Can´t remember the version number. Should work but there are some known issues with. I think they are minimal. Just try it out.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quote

wolfseye wrote:
Well, if these File Edits are already done by Raven, then I wonder why it isn´t in the mainfile.php and javascript.php like the manual says. So what do I do ? Do i add it now or not ?

What are you referring to?

wolfseye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote

Well, the file edits that the manual describes, i checked for them in those places where the manual says they should be, and they weren´t there. Thats why I wasn´t sure if they weren´t in there where I looked or not at all. If they are someplace else, then its just my n00b understanding of NUKE yet. Wink

Wolfseye

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:12 am Reply with quote

wolfseye, it is because Sommaire hasn't been updated in probably a good 2 - 3 years. The author has gone completely AWOL. Alot has changed in nuke, especially with the patches, and especially with RavenNuke(tm). So, core file edits might take some re-engineering on your part.

I am trying to remember what edits were for mainfile.php. But, for the javascript one, I am pretty sure you just need to put the code referenced somewhere between your opening <?php tag and closing ?> tag. Here is what mine looks like:

//Added HTML Newsletter 1.3 style sheet
echo '<link rel="stylesheet" href="themes/'.$ThemeSel.'/style/msnl_style.css" type="text/css" />';

Code:

// BEGIN - Add style sheet for Sommaire 3.0b
echo <<<_JS_
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.sommairenowrap {white-space: nowrap;}
-->
</style>
_JS_;
// END - Add style sheet for Sommaire 3.0b

That one may or may not be important depending upon your theme...

wolfseye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote

Wow, this is a answer-mix of both my threads, right ? Wink

montego

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:51 am Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely an issue when there are two threads. I was concerned in your other one that maybe you didn't have a good download / version. But, if the above is all you are having issues with now, maybe we can stop the other thread.

wolfseye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quote

Agreed. Wink Thanks again.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote

wolfseye, if you have any other questions that are off topic, please start another thread Wink - Thanks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic