Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
carlainz
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:09 am Reply with quote

hi all ,

i want upgrade my ravennuke 2.0.0 , what is the best choise and easy version to upgrade my site ? better 2.10 or 2.20 ?
thanks

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote

RavenNuke 2.20.00 is intended to be released this month. I would save yourself the time of having to do two installations and just wait for it.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
carlainz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote

thanks evaders99 , i want the new relase .
It's easy the upgrade ?

thanks

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:06 am Reply with quote

Yes it should be very easy. There are scripts that will help with the upgrade

carlainz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote

oh nice , i can't wait ..... Very Happy Very Happy

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote

... as long as you do not make a bunch of customizations to the core scripts (you can modules and blocks to your heart's content), the upgrade will be a piece-of-cake.

Nash
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote

hey guys, just found this post after searching. Psyched to hear the new release will come out.

Question.

I'm currently on v 2.02.0 as well. Will there be a nice way to upgrade from that version? I was going to install v 2.10.01 today, but have had trouble. The upgrade scripts there are from 2.02.02, and I can't seem to see any to upgrade from earlier

--- IPB forum installed and modded for Nuke 
montego

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote

I can see now that the HowToInstall manual references that there are scripts, but does not direct you too them. Sorry about that. That is MY fault. I believe that this is what you want:

UtilityFiles\rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.02_PATCH_database_update_script.zip

Run that upgrade script first and then you should be able to follow-thru on the steps within the manual to go from 2.02.02 to 2.10.01. If you can wait a couple of weeks, version 2.20.00 will be out.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote

And just to confirm cause I was working on it today, with 2.20 the upgrade script will take you from 2.02.02 to 2.20 ... or from 2.10 or 2.10.01 to 2.20. So you have your choices.

If you want to save yourself a step or two at upgrade time you could make sure your Sentinel is at 2.5.15 now. The upgrade will take you there but you can avoid a step or two at that time if you are already there.

If anyone is just idling around and waiting for the upgrade you could also facilitate your task by making sure you have your backup and restore procedures in place. I would highly recommend that you make sure you have the bigdump program (search the forums for info) so you can actually restore a database dump without jumping thru too many hoops. While we are working hard to make sure nothing happens that would require a dump/restore, you just never know and we'd recommend strongly that you have these procedures in place, just in case.

carlainz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quote

hi all ,2.20 is ready to release ?
i can't wait Smile Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic