Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
steelwill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:03 am Reply with quote

now i have done searches on here and havent found nethang.

now on all my blocker setting where it says wrtie to .htaccess i get "You can not use .htaccess writting until you have set the htaccess Path in admin."

now i have it properly set in the admin settings and i have it chmod to 666 and i have extra lines in it so ips can be written to it. im jsut not sure what is wrong i have been working on it for days checking and checking and i jsut hit a road block. so ne help would be much appricated.

steelwill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote

let me add that it is NS Version 2.5.14 and im running php 8.0

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quote

If it is saying the path is wrong then the path is wrong - somehow. Without exchanging a bunch of posts if you will just PM to me this information I will take a look. Please reference this post in your PM.

Site URL
God admin id/pass
NukeSentinel(tm) id/pass
FTP URL, id/pass

steelwill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote

sent info ty raven

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote

AHA! You are not using Apache. You are using WebServerX which is apparently a setup like XAMPP except for a Mac OS. So either you are running on a Mac OS server or you are using an installation kit mad for a Mac on a non Mac server box.

Either way the configuration is masking the fact that you are using Apache. Therefore, as it says in the NukeSentinel(tm) admin panel, This function requires Apache to work.. NukeSentinel(tm) is unable to see Apache. It only sees WebServerX.

You can try this as a quick fix. Edit admin/modules/nukesentinel/ABMain.php.
Find the three occurrences of
if(!stristr($_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'], "apache"))
and change them to
if(!stristr($_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'], "WebServerX"))

steelwill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote

well raven in the admin config it didtake out the requires apache to work. but still in the blocker config sections, it still says "You can not use .htaccess writting until you have set the htaccess Path in admin."

now here is my server info

Hosting package *****
Server Name ****
cPanel Version *****
cPanel Build ********
Theme ******
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP version 4.4.6
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard-log
Architecture *****
Operating system Linux

note i changed a few thang for the server info i figured it didnt need to been seen by all

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quote

Well, w/o showing the Apache server name you will need to modify all occurrences of checking for apache to checking for webserverx in all admin files that do the check.

steelwill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote

the server name is

Server Name dime139

and i jsut tried changing it on a few pages b4 you typed the reply and still the same thang saying you can not write to blah blah blah you know the rest lol

steelwill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote

ok i got it now, all i did was instead of copy and pasting the whole line, i jstu took out "Aphace" and replaced it with "WebServerX" it worked that time and now i have the option for it to write to .htaccess

Smile once again ty raven for your help and now if ne one else has this prob i nthe furture they can search for it and find the answer Smile

ty

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
the server name is Server Name dime139

I meant to say Server Software, not Server Name. We look for the case-insensitive string 'apache'. If you haven't masked it (as you have) you will see output like this:

SERVER_SIGNATURE: <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.39 Server at ravennuke.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) ....

There really isn't much sense in hiding it as the greater % run Apache. But, that's your call. I'll see if there's another easy/quick test for this, otherwise we may have to make it a configuration option. Thanks.

steelwill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Server Name dime139
cPanel Version 11.11.0-STABLE
cPanel Build 16908
Theme x3
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP version 4.4.6
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard-log
Architecture x86_64
Operating system Linux

there is the info again

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote

I understand, but if you do a phpinfo.php you will see that Apache is being masked as WebServerX in the Server_Software configuration setting which is what NukeSentinel(tm) uses.

steelwill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote

yes i see what your saying, ii did get all of it to work jstu had to edit every blocker config page

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic