Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
express
Client

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote

Wasn't sure if I was to post this here or in modules. While using the gCalendar I as an admin can access the image command from the editor. However, user's do not get this option. Can only admin's add images to the gCalendar?
I have set the preferences for the User's to be able to submit and edit info on the calendar. When I check it out, they can indeed submit new info for the calendar, but they cannot edit. I verified the settings and there is a check mark in the box giving them permission to do so. Any ideas?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for trying out GCalendar!

By default, only admins get access to the image control on the editor. This is because the image control allows users to upload images to the server. So for security reasons you would not want, in general, to let just anyone to be able to upload files.

Users can still add images to the calendar. Mine do all the time. They can use the img HTML tag as this is allowed by default in RavenNuke. I do agree, that if there was a way to disable the upload functionality from the image button that would be better. Might have to ask someone more familiar with the FCKeditor.

If you have the "Users can update their events" box checked in the admin panel, then a user can go back and re-edit an event they submitted. They need to click on the event from the monthly or weekly view. And then under the event's description there is a link called "Update Event" that they should see.

express

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for making the gCalendar Gremmie!

Will that definitely explains why there is no image command available. I am glad in one sense of your info because at least now this is one thing that isn't my mistake or fault lol.
I will then post instructions for them to use the html img tag to insert a pic in the calendar.

Quote:

If you have the "Users can update their events" box checked in the admin panel, then a user can go back and re-edit an event they submitted.

I think I now see what is going on. I originally added all the family events to the calendar ie birthdays etc. Now when a family member wants to edit the info, they cannot. So I either delete all the events I as an admin entered and let them "add the event", or just leave it be and I'll re-edit them as needed.

Is that correct thinking on why they cannot edit the event?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I made it so only admins or the person who submitted the event can edit an event. I didn't think other users would like it if other users could willy-nilly edit their events. Smile

express

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote

I understand fully. I am excited to see the new version of gCalendar in the new RN release! Thanks again Gremmie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic