Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro
NuclearX

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote

If I make a backup file of my forum and then isolate the forum part, can I re-populate the forum tables in the Raven 7.0? Is there a way to save all my members and posts (just in the forums) and somehow upload them to the Raven custom version?

Thanks! Very Happy

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:22 am Reply with quote

Of course. There a couple of ways to do this. One would be to just install the distro and then replace the forum and users tables. The other would be to modify the raven-distro sql file and delete the forum and users table sql. Then you create the forum and users tables from your exported sql. You might also want to preserve the authors table.

NuclearX

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I installed your distro, and ran all the MySQL queries from my backup of the old version. It is working great! (minus a few things I have to figure out)

Thanks! Very Happy

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:46 pm Reply with quote

Cool

NuclearX

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Ok, here are some things I am having a bit of trouble with. First, the Guest user has a messed up avatar link (it points to my domain name), so I just get this red x (I know this is a common error Cool , so I will look up the fix later).

The who-is-where block is getting an error (Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nuclearx/public_html/config.php:114) in /home/nuclearx/public_html/modules/realtime-stats/index.php on line 48).

I can't get the HTTP Authentification thing to work with the MySQL utility (sorry Raven! Embarassed ).

Also, my Web_Mail is not working. I get Sorry, such file doesn't exist... error. Everything else seems to be working without a hitch so far, so THAT is very good (the last installation of PHP-Nuke I had had a TON of errors that I had to fix. lol).

I'll work on fixing these errors, and I'll get back with you guys (probably to ask your help, but oh well Razz).

Nuke

NuclearX

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Ok, fixed the WebMail thing. It turns out that the distro I downloaded from this website is missing all the files in the WebMail directory, except for the "includes" directory, and that only had an .htaccess in it. Wink

(Raven? Very Happy)

*goes to work on the other errors*

Nuke

NuclearX

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:41 pm Reply with quote

BTW, I downloaded the Raven 7.0, just so you know. Wink

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Webmails been taken out for a reason its unsafe and basically abandoned.

NuclearX

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:24 am Reply with quote

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the heads-up. Wink

*goes to delete it again* Wink

NuclearX

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:13 am Reply with quote

Ook. I can't figure out the Realtime-Stats block. I am getting this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nuclearx/public_html/config.php:114) in /home/nuclearx/public_html/modules/realtime-stats/index.php on line 48

I tried deleting the extra lines after the ?>, but it keeps making another space in the file. Mad I am not sure what is the matter (that must be pretty obvious by now, right? Laughing ).

I checked line 48, and it is a call to get the user's theme.

Does anyone know how I might fix this?

Thanks. Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic