Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
12gaugecharlee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I need help installing NukeSentinel so if anyone here could help me that would be munch help.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote

Someone would have a better chance of helping if you could be more specific. What version of Nuke are you working with? Have you considered the most recent Ravennuke (currently 2.10.01) which comes with NukeSentinel built in? Have you downloaded NukeSentinel from Nukescripts? Have you read the installation instructions that come with it? Things like that occur to start with ...

12gaugecharlee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
Someone would have a better chance of helping if you could be more specific. What version of Nuke are you working with? Have you considered the most recent Ravennuke (currently 2.10.01) which comes with NukeSentinel built in? Have you downloaded NukeSentinel from Nukescripts? Have you read the installation instructions that come with it? Things like that occur to start with ...

sorry about that just frustrated. I'm working with NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x and I have read the install instructions they were confusing to me. I'm trying to put it on phpnuke version 7.9

xblader
Client

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:58 am Reply with quote

tbh i would just dump phpnuke 7.9 as there is so many bugs within it, download and install the latest version of Ravennuke and just import the database data over. If you need any help with this, gimmie a shout.

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:19 am Reply with quote

At the risk of over-simplification, there's three parts to a Sentinel install: 1. editing core files, (2) copying the Sentinel files to appropriate places and 3. doing the Sentinel configuration within the Admin Control Panel for Sentinel. It is the edits to core files that can get difficult with all the different versions of PHPnuke but there are instructions in the download. With Ravennuke, steps 1 and 2 are taken care of for you. (I should add that if you get the 2.10.01 release you will still need to update Sentinel but that is really pretty much a matter of copying files and running the Nuke Sentinel Installer).

That's kind of what is behind xblader's recommendation and you will see it heartily endorsed here.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Ya dump 7.9, i fooled with it some back when i was a total php-nuke noob. Those core edits you are struggling thru, you'll have to redo those when there is a change in sentinel. Alot of the time those core edits seem to be fixed already in RavenNuke Smile

Download RavenNuke instead, it will be worth any time you spend switching over Smile

12gaugecharlee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
Ya dump 7.9, i fooled with it some back when i was a total php-nuke noob. Those core edits you are struggling thru, you'll have to redo those when there is a change in sentinel. Alot of the time those core edits seem to be fixed already in RavenNuke Smile

Download RavenNuke instead, it will be worth any time you spend switching over Smile

now can I integrate RavenNuke with my current phpnuke 7.9 install or am I going to have to completely redo everything?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Conversion instructions are included in the RavenNuke(tm) Installation Documentation Smile

12gaugecharlee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Conversion instructions are included in the RavenNuke(tm) Installation Documentation Smile

on a scale of 1 to 10 10 being the most difficult. how difficult is it to convert, and will all my modules and custom blocks and themes still work or will I have to redo everything?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 am Reply with quote

It all depends on if you have customized code or any add-ons have mucked with the core tables. There is a downgrade script over at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] that might help or also search here for "downgrade nuke" in the google search for just this site. Or , you can start here.

If no customizations of core scripts and tables, then probably a 3. It would be best to test run this on your local PC, so if you are not using XAMPP, I would highly recommend you get it - easy install - and load up your site so you can test your process. Plus this gives your the ability to have unlimited number of databases and/or "sites" to play around with (just thinking if you have a very limited hosting package).

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote

12gaugecharlee wrote:

on a scale of 1 to 10 10 being the most difficult. how difficult is it to convert, and will all my modules and custom blocks and themes still work or will I have to redo everything?

Difficult is relative Smile I converted from 6.5 to RavenNuke and can tell you MySqlDiff was my best friend its a bit time expensive to convert evrything but its worth you ´ll only win with RavenNuke.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote

Is this a new site or one with an existing database and users?

If its new and under development.... it may be worth cutting your losses and starting over with RavenNuke.. I did that twice on my first nuke project (before finding RN Smile ) lol

you may spend more time converting than it would take to start with a clean, fresh install, and start over... Smile

what kind of site is it and want do you need it to do?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic