Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.1
fernando22042

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quote

How can I pass the users that I have on PHPNUKE 8.1 to Raven

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote

Your question is not very clear to me. If the question is how can I use the user table from PHPnuke 8.1 in Ravennuke, then
{
you will need to compare the table structures and adjust the 8.1 structure to match Ravennuke's, then you should be able to use the table directly.

One way to do this would be to dump the table from 8.1 and restore it in a separate database. Then do a field by field comparison and make any adjustments to the restored table. You would then be able to use that table in Ravennuke.

While this might seem complicated, I don't believe there are many differences in structure, but I'm admittedly not familiar with what they've done in getting to 8.1.
}
else {
restate the question
}

fernando22042

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Ok what Im trying to do how can I copy the users that register on phpnuke 8.1 to Raven

fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote

Well one thing you could do is a dump of the data thru PHYmyadmin and then import the data over in the Ravennuke database. That wouldn't be real time or "dynamic" but it would get the job done periodically. I'm assuming these are separate databases?

fernando22042

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote

yes but It didn't work for some reason

fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote

You would need to let us know a little more. One thing I'm thinking is that the userids could be identical and being key fields MYSQL wouldn't allow them to be imported. You might need to edit the dump file to eliminate duplicate numbers.

How many users are you talking about importing this way? Is this going to be an ongoing thing or one time? If you aren't talking about a large volume the simplest approach might be to use the YA admin screen to just add the new users manually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.1

View next topic
View previous topic