Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Donovan
Client

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Has anyone ever stripped any version of Nuke down to just a bare bones user authentication and theme system? No modules but Your_Account and maybe a few others?

If so, do you know where I could find this to download?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote

I doubt it, Donovan. It is an interesting question though. I've often wondered: "what if you deleted everything but your_account and themes and administration and maybe say, news". Or maybe added Forums into those.

Then delete all the language files you aren't using just for good measure.

It's the "few others" you quote that always cause the problems Which ones?

While Nuke was written to work with modules independent of the core (in theory) this has yet to be tested. Feel free to write back about how your experiments work out.

Donovan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quote

I have a strange problem. I have been stripping a version of 7.6 and getting rid of all the stuff that some say make Nuke so bloated. I am attempting to slim it down to just a user authentication with theme support and makes use of modules. I only see this when accessing the admin menu, and when I access any modules admin pages.

This is my name and email account at work. It doesn't exist anywhere in the Nuke database. This is through Firefox, on a Mac OS. I have been trying to find out what is happening but can't figure it out.

Donovan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote

I am using Dreamweaver CS3, and I think this information is capture in my Site Pref's. Why would it propogate to the server?

I went to Darren in the next cube and tried to access it on his Mac logged in under his network log on and it still shows my name and email.

Donovan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Come to find out Dreamweaver was putting hidden files in the webspace such as index.php.LCK indicating a locked file that was opened for editing. Once I closed and saved these files the "locked" file remained that contained the "user" who had opened the file for editing.

hence...

Steven Donovan || [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] was the only thing in these locked php files.

Funny how hey were still being read from even thought their extension was .LCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic