Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
kevinkap
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote

I have a user that is getting

You have been blocked from entering this site.
You have attempted to improperly access the admin area of this site.
All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement.
If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at webmaster(at)site(dot)com.
Be SURE to include the following information in any email!
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Remote Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: xx.xx.x.xxx
Date Blocked: __TIMEDATE__
Block expires: __DATEEXPIRES__

I have the blocker de-activated, and cleared all blocked ip's. He is on a public library network. He has tried several different pc's, he was told the cache is emptied each time a new user logs on.

This has been ongoing for over a week now. How can I fix this.

RN2.10.01 latest Sentinel and ip to country package.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote

Was the IP written to the htaccess file?

kevinkap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quote

NO sir,
It was not. If it had been though, I believe he would be getting the "permission denied" error in just a white page. This is why I think it is cache somehow, but do not know how.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:19 am Reply with quote

It does sound very much like a cache problem.
I suppose it might be easy enough to test as the message indicated the Browser as Mozilla (Firefox?) so if he were to access the site using Internet Exlorer and still get the same message then that would confirm it's a cache issue.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote

Might also want to ask him if he is using a link that has anything other than just plain old admin.php at the end (i.e., NOTHING after this). For example, since he is hopping from PC to PC, maybe he has a link saved in his My Yahoo or other type tool that looks like more:

admin.php?op=something or other....

This would definitely be a no-no and could be causing this too.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote

This is what I have received from the library IT department.

All Internet on our public computers is filtered. It appears that you are blocking anyone from accessing your site if you believe that it’s coming from a forwarded or redirected address. Even though our filter allows the site, we get an error message that I’ve attached a screen shot of to this e-mail.

On a staff computer, we can turn the filter completely off and the site comes up but that option is not available on the public computers. Is there something you can do to allow library customers to be able to access your site?

The user is actually using IE and not Mozilla he said.
Like I said earlier, I have everything turned off and have checked the db to make sure all ip's have been cleared.

The screen shot they reference is the admin blocker page.

Another thing that is really throwing me is he is not trying to access the admin section. He is getting this when going to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

My head hurts. Bang Head

montego

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Ah, that explains it... I think.... lol. If you have the proxy blocker on, turn that off. Try that first.

Not sure about the link though. That is odd. I am not where I can dig into the code more, so maybe someone else here will get back to this before I do...

kevinkap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Ugggggg,

I did have it set to "light" and some reason had the default page as "admin". You could be "THE MAN"!!!! Wave

montego

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:21 am Reply with quote

Well, won't know for sure until your user tries it again. Sure hope so though...

kevinkap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Yes, that seemed to do it.

THANKS!!

montego

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:52 am Reply with quote

Awesome! Very glad to hear it.

Cheers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic