Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
express
Client

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote

I know I have asked alot of questions lately but hang with me because I am on the last step of this install.
I have followed the directions and am at the step that is highlighted in blue.
After reading many threads I found using Search, I understand that this Link is to appear in the Admin Auth List directly above the listed admins.
Nothing is appearing. The only thing that I am not comfortable with is even after I placed the paths to the .htaccess and the .staccess files in the respective boxes, there is still in bold letters this; File does not exist or is not correctly CHMODed. I am not sure if this is a problem or not. Both of those files are still currently set at 777 until I get a little later on in the steps, then it says to reset them back to 666.
Anyway, what am I doing wrong that is prohibiting the Build CGIAuth File link from appearing?

Should you find yourself in the smaller group of users that require CGI Auth (as we call it), following these instructions to use and activate CGI Auth (HTTP Authentication using .htaccess and .staccess):

Change your permissions on both .htaccess and .staccess to 777.
Place the paths to .htaccess and .staccess in the NukeSentinel(tm) Admin Control Panel.
Select CGI Auth Access from the drop down box.
From the NukeSentinel Admin Control Panel, select Scan For New Admins.
Now select Admin Auth List and make sure that all admins have been assigned passwords.
Now, you should see a link that says Build CGIAuth file. Click it. That will build your .staccess id:pass file.
Now back in the main NS ACP, in the .staccess box, you will see a link that says CGI Auth Setup. Click it. It should produce a new window with the following information:

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote

Your permissions need to be 777 until you are completely done. Yours are probably 666.

express

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I stated this in my post
Quote:

Both of those files are still currently set at 777 until I get a little later on in the steps, then it says to reset them back to 666.

So why am I not seeing the new link for the Build CGIAuth File?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote

Yes, but when I checked your account they were both 666. You have to set them to 777 and don't change them to 666 until it is working. The paths should be .htaccess and .staccess.

express

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote

I switched em back to 666 when I could not get the BuildCGI to come up. I was afraid that I was going to block my account again by trying my pw too many times again. I have since went back and found the key to doing this, is you have to back out of the page completely so it will refresh for the new link to appear.
After that I went thru several attempts to get the right path into the .htaccess script. Thank goodness I am such a tenacious n00b because I finally got it right and was finally able to get the NS popup to come up and enter a correct password. It was a good feeling to finally see my admin page appear and everything working as it should. Dance-Y
From someone who has never done anything like this, it was a good learning experience. I appreciate the time and effort that all of you provided me.
The best way for me to really learn how to install RN is to do it several times. I now plan on uninstalling it and reinstalling it until I am completely confident that I can do it on my own. I made backups at each stage of the process. I feel that after several installs, I'll then be able to help the next n00b who comes along with an install question.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.
Thanks,
Express

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime

That is exactly the quote I was planning to tell you Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic