Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> ShortLinks/TegoNuke
sixf00t4
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Shortlinks isn't working with Gallery. It's changing the path some how...here's what's happening:
http://www.joshuadhall.com/v/Ideas/DSC03648.JPG.html

here's what is should look like: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

how would one go about tapping gallery? or perhaps just disabling that one module?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Have you look at Montego sites to see if this problem has occurred before?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quote

I just activated shortlinks at my test site fkelly.org. I have Gallery running there. It looks like it is working okay, but take a look. Montego may need to look into the situation anyway. I know that there are a bunch of rewrite rules copied into .htaccess for the standard modules and there aren't any such for Gallery. But I don't know exactly how they work.

If M. needs a site with Gallery working to experiment with I can give him access there. As I say it is just a test site and it is mostly up to date with the latest RN2.20 ... minus a few changes from the last week or two.

sixf00t4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote

I didn't until you mentioned it, but now that I have, there is no other thread there with the same issue. Should I move this over to that site?

sixf00t4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:56 pm Reply with quote

the weird thing about menalto gallery is that it is a stand-alone application, but nukedgallery creates an interface for phpnuke to ACT as a module. I don't know if that is going to complicate things or not.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:05 am Reply with quote

Yeah, for some reason that thread died over there.

Where did you get the tap for this? No one has suggested a working tap for Gallery for ShortLinks. Can you post the tap here or on my forums so I can take a look?

Also, make sure you have ShortLinks 1.1.0 (the latest) installed.

sixf00t4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quote

just upgraded to 1.1.0, but still having the same problem.

I think you misunderstood, I have no code to tap the gallery, that's why i don't understand why it's being tapped.

sixf00t4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote

ah, cancel that. There's a URL rewrite function in gallery that I had turned on for the sitemap functionality, and It is the cause of the "tapping". I hadn't done anything with it besides tell it where the sitemap is, but apparently once you turn it on, it tries to tap the whole system. and when it's an embedded system, it messes it up. I'll have to play further...

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quote

I tried setting up the rewrite module in my Gallery installation at fkelly.org. I can't get it to write the .htaccess file that's supposed to be in the /modules/gallery2 directory. After messing around with it for a while I give up. If you see a way to make this work let us know.

You can find several links to this subject in the Forums at Nukedgallery.net. However they have this scrolling advertisement that comes down over the top of the forums posts as you are trying to read them. I can't imagine anything more annoying. In my numerous attempts to set up Gallery I vaguely recall seeing some warnings about url rewrite in the menalto forums and elsewhere. I don't have time to research them now.

Incidentally, note to M. I don't see any shortlinks for the comments module that will be in 2.20. I'll put a note in Mantis next time in.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quote

fkelly, t y on the comments module. I have always considered that just an admin tool, so didn't write the links. But, having a Mantis issue will help remind me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> ShortLinks/TegoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic