Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHPBB
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quote

I installed a phpbb2 forum to save space on one of my accounts. I also wanted to take advantage of the many, many forum hacks available. I am not a coder so I have great difficulty converting these hacks to work on phpnuke's forums.

Anyway, I am getting many email messages from my server saying an email was undeliverable because of an invalid email address. Most of these are email address' such as username.ru . I have captcha set up so people have to register with a confirmation code to get the activation email sent out, so I assume they are actually visiting my site - not using bots.

Any way to stop these .ru guys before they try registering? I know NukeSentinel can stop them in phpnuke but how about the stand alone phpbb2?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote

You might be better off asking on the PHPbb forums. NS can do it easily with the string blocker but as you indicate it doesn't run with standalone PHPBB.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote

You can add email adresses,IPs, Hostnames, etc. under ban in the forums administration and beneed this there are a lot of different ban mods available.

Doulos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quote

THanks, I did. However, my experience is that no forum community responds like this one does. I have posted questions on other site's forums and never gotten any response, so I guess I'm hedging my bets.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quote

We would have to see what these emails look like, but my guess is that your domain has been spoofed. Do you know if these emails really are coming from your server?
It is very easy to fake a return address and have spammers emails bouncing back to you.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Doulos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote

I am blind. Somehow, accound activation was set to 'none'. I have reset it to 'user' and will see how it goes.

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHPBB

View next topic
View previous topic