Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Collapsing Forums Block
Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote

In the Collapsing Forums block all the sql statements use $user_prefix, but most of them should be $prefix. I have confirmed this in the latest download on this site.

If there is a thread or something about this then just delete this topic. I did not do a seach or anything just scanned some topic names.

also what is the purpose of these lines?

Code:
   if (is_admin($admin) AND strtolower($rwsUserName) == 'raven') {

if( 100 == $countTopics ) { break 1; }
   }

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote

As you suspected this has been discussed before, have a look at this:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Search is your friend, you will be amazed what you find. Wink

Palbin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quote

Didn't think I would have to look that far back. That was over a year ago. Would have thought the download would have been corrected by now.

jakec

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:58 am Reply with quote

It is one of the older blocks that Raven created so some of the posts may be a while back.

As I am sure you can appreciate Raven is a busy guy and doesn't always have time to update his older scripts. In most cases the fixes can be found in the forums.

Loki
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote

Actually it really doesnt make much difference as long as the $user_prefix is defined correctly in the config file. but yes it would more accurate using $prefix.

as for this:

Code:

}

I believe this was a custom code raven added that appears to either stop counting or posting his posts in the block after they reach 100.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
Actually it really doesnt make much difference as long as the $user_prefix is defined correctly in the config file. but yes it would more accurate using $prefix.

as for this:

Code:

}

I believe this was a custom code raven added that appears to either stop counting or posting his posts in the block after they reach 100.

Correctly defined does not equal the same as $prefix. That woudl defeat the entire purpose of have different variables.

PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote

While this is an interesting whine session, it begs to question why not just fix your copy of the script...??

Any decent text editor has a search/replace feature. Simply search for user_prefix, replace with prefix, save.

Would take like what, 1 or 2 seconds? Question

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote

And then send in the fixes to Raven. That's what open source software is all about.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
And then send in the fixes to Raven. That's what open source software is all about.

I was going to do that, but i am still tweaking it. I have made it so that it dispaly all post to site admins/semi-admins, forum admins, forum moderators, and finally individual groups/users. It also works with the sub-forums mod to indent the sub-forums in the drop down and correctly order them.

But why give stuff to people like PHrEEkie who make absoultly useless posts, other than to basicly flame a person.

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quote

I said nothing personal to you. A flame is something said in a durogotory and/or personal nature. I simply asked why, instead of whining that after a year it should be 'fixed', you don't just take 2 seconds to fix it to YOUR liking?

>But why give stuff to people like PHrEEkie who make absoultly
>useless posts, other than to basicly flame a person.

I was one of the original people who supported the community when Tom ported phpBB to Nuke. I have been intimately involved with Nuke ever since, spanning over 6 years now. There is not a file within Nuke or phpBB that I haven't been in and modified one way or another multiple times and over multiple versions.

'Useless posts' are quite a stretch from what I have actually offered for over 6 years to the Nuke community.

Trust me Pal, there is nothing you could make that I could not make myself.

PHrEEk

Loki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:21 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
Correctly defined does not equal the same as $prefix. That woudl defeat the entire purpose of have different variables.

I am not saying it was right, I just said it will work. Yes you are correct the correct code would be $prefix, but it will function the way it is.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
Palbin wrote:

I am not saying it was right, I just said it will work. Yes you are correct the correct code would be $prefix, but it will function the way it is.

I see what you meant now. Well anyway I should post the changes I made to the block in a few days. I think it is done, but I am working on other things right now.

Loki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote

I havent looked at that block much other than installing it, did you say you have the subforums working? If so that would be great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Collapsing Forums Block

View next topic
View previous topic