Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
unwired
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote

Good day,

I successfully installed coppermine galley module to my site but in module administrator I cant get in (blank page is coming out)
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quote

That sounds like a mismatch between your nuke version and coppermine version. PHP-Nuke changed its administration structure between 7.4 and 7.5 and then slightly again in 7.6.

I am guessing it is not picking up the case.php file. So, you are probably running an older nuke but with a newer coppermine?

unwired

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Too dull for me sir montego, I forgot to change the original admin.php to my personaladmin.php...

I got it installed but when I try to configure my gallery the configure working area is so wide almost 3 times the size of my screen, its hard to see the options. How to change the length of this configure page?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quote

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that it has to do with coppermine's produced HTML is not XHTML 1.0 transitional compliant. Just in the module at your site I found this line (yes I added a space in the words "link" and "href"):

<l ink rel="stylesheet" h ref="modules/coppermine/themes/default/style.css">

That is buried deep within the module code and the only proper placement of that is between the "head" tags at the top.

So, I suspect that your admin page is doing the same and so the CSS file has not been read, which could be jacking up your formatting.

unwired

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Sorry sir but I dont get the idea, what should I do? Embarassed

montego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quote

unwired, unfortunately I do not have time to fix other module author's code to be compliant (right now), so maybe see if this changes things for the better:

=== OPEN ===

header.php

=== FIND CODE ===

Code:

echo '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"'."\n".' "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">'."\n";
    echo '<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">'."\n";

=== REPLACE WITH ===

Code:

echo "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\">\n";
    echo "<html>\n";

=== DONE ===

As always, take a backup of your files before you muck with them so that you can get them back quickly.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote

are you using coppermine for nuke ver 1.3.1c? It's the only version I can get to work.

The large table size you see is due to the length of paths not wrapping in the debug mode. Turn off debugging in coppermine config and those large tables should disappear.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote

@sir montego
thanks

CodyG...wow nice one...thanks

montego

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:16 am Reply with quote

CodyG, you rock!

Wave

CodyG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote

no way! you rock!

Now i just need to figure out why picture descriptions aren't wrapping. <grrr>

Have a Happy Nuking Day!

unwired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote

Both of you rock..Cheers

Btw, I set my album folder to 777 but when I tried to upload pics it says that "Can't create folder"...

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote

We all rock!

chmod your albums/userpics folder to 777 too.

And, when you do batch uploads, and create a dir such as
albums/userpics/2007summerholiday ... then 2007summerholiday also needs to be chmod to 777.

unwired

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quote

Thanks CodyG...Smile

I'll try it.

CodyG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quote

Speaking of coppermine ...
I'm testing rn on a new server and I can't get coppermine to upload a picture, even as god user and I've checked a dozen times for permissions.
As it all works on my php4/mysql4 server, I think this issue has to do with mysql 5 in strict mode... and since this is a shared server I can't get to the my.ini file to turn strict mode off to test my theory.

Has anyone else had this issue with coppermine and mysql 5 in strict mode?
I'm guessing there are invalid or empty values trying to submit to mysql that, in strict mode, will no longer accept those values.

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quote

I'm still looking for someone who has successfully installed coppermine for nuke ver 1.3.1c in a mysql5 strict mode environment, or anyone who can confirm my strict mode issue.

Also, the comment output, the non-wrapping textarea, might be due to a compliance issue ... once RN is compliant, older noncompliances would show up and need fixing? Is this right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic