Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
gom
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote

Hi all..

Well I have another question..

I have a member of our forums and he keeps seeing a Guest user in forums that are set to privet[hidden] permissions. What do you all think it could be. I do not see this on my end, and this members is using firefox w/ lot of plug-in's, could this be a reason that he is getting this..? The image below shows where the guest is getting into and this guest should not be there. I am using Groups Administration 1.7.1 to set up users for access to sections of the forums and what not. Is this guest hacking maybe ? Any clues or help would be great... Thanks for your time...

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Start with this. Go into administration, then forums. Go to forum admin, permissions. Select the forum you are having trouble with. Go into advanced mode and make sure it is set appropriately for each category of use (view, read, post, reply etc.). The other problem that happens sometimes with guest users is related to the cookie settings but this looks more like permissions aren't set right. Let us know. You might want to look thru all your forums in advanced view to make sure they are set up the way you want.

gom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote

Ya, this has already be checked and they are set proper.

DISCREPANCIES / ISSUES = ALL [ADMIN]

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote

They could just be searching for any forum with posting abilities. Usually these are spammers just guessing on forum numbers until it can find one to post its spam.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
gom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:49 am Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.... Was thinking that it was not to much to worry about..

With this said and having NukeSentinel(tm) in place how hard is it to hack your way into the forums.. Also I rely like NukeSentinel(tm) as it has done a great job of not letting in the undesirables.. Wink TY you all for giving us such a cool tool to use on our CMS's....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic