Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
kestrel731

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quote

I recently installed RavenNuke Version 2.10.01 and am having a problem with sommaire. Whenever I try to go into the admin section and add categories or anything of the such, whenever I hit the "save modifications" button most of the categories disappear. It will only let me add a maximum of 3 categories, after that it does not save any changes.

I have tried installing and re-installing, both version 2.11 and the new 3.0 beta, with different themes, etc... nothing seems to work. I have followed the installation instructions to a 't' and just can't seem to figure this out.

If anyone has suggestions or has dealt with this problem let me know.

Thanks

carl0527

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote

I use it also, I have not had a problem adding catagories, however if I try to delete a category it wipes out all catagories (and submenus) that are "below" the one I am deleting. I have to go to a backup and manually write the sommaire table from the back up.

That said, I doubt you're having an install problem, its just a problem with the app itself. I believe an enhanced menu system is suppose to be part of the next Raven release, your best bet is to wait for that. I have doubts about Sommaire's future.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote

carl0527 wrote:
I believe an enhanced menu system is suppose to be part of the next Raven release, your best bet is to wait for that. I have doubts about Sommaire's future.

We were originally discussing Sommaire, but, since the author has abandoned it and it would be too difficult and time-consuming for us to try and support his work, we dropped it from consideration.

At this time there are no plans to provide an enhanced menu system in future RN releases. That can change, but just wanted you to know the latest that I know.

Regarding Sommaire, I also have not had these problems, but I have not tried to remove a category (which would be a very rare event for me to do) so thank you for that tidbit. I will be cautious not to use that function.

carl0527

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Oh well... No menu.. I can survive with sommaire. I have resorted to simply "hiding" the categories when I don't want them displayed. I run a little league baseball site and need to keep things simple for my users and sommaire has made it easy to make direct links to schedules, standings, and other content items that have a finite life. Thanks for the update Montego, keep up the great work at Team Raven.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote

I just make my own block with links in them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic