Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote

This is weird, but the url tags are showing up in the posts - but only when using fisubice. All other themes including non-compliant themes display without the tags. I tried re-uploading the entire theme, but it still does it. This happens to all pics posted in the forums when using fisubice theme.

See it here: http://www.doulos-usa.com/urltags.gif

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote

I can´t find the same behavior in my forum I m using fisubice too.
Any mods installed ? Maybe thats the reason or a space in your link.
For example does this work for you:

Last edited by Susann on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Doulos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Well, there is a mod installed to cause sigs to not be displayed but once per page, but that mods the forum not the theme (if I remember correctly). Also, all the other 'compliant' themes show the sig properly as do all the other themes I installed.

Just to clarify, the IMG does show up it is just bracketed by the url and /url tags. This is the case for all sigs (of all users) that include an image.

Thanks

d-day

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 am Reply with quote

Was there a resolution to this? I'm seeing the same thing in my 'new from the box' forum.

For example, this:
Code:
[url=http://www.imgagesite.com/pic.jpg][img]http://www.imgagesite.com/pic.jpg[img][/url]

will result in:

[url= [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]image properly displayed[/url]

(space after 'url=' is intentional for demo only)

A good example is in the first message Here

I've tried a couple of themes and the result is the same. Any ideas?

TIA
D

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote

Does the URL have any funky characters like ? or # in it? I have noticed that phpBB does that with URL's with those characters in them.

d-day

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
Does the URL have any funky characters like ? or # in it? I have noticed that phpBB does that with URL's with those characters in them.

No and in fact the exact format works fine in other phpBB forums. It's the user's standard sig.

I should mention that text works fine, like I used above were the text is clickable to get to the 'hidden' URL. It's only images that have the problem.

Thanks
D

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Works fine for my test signatures and within the posts.

You need to change the url a bit.

Code:
example:[url=http://www.imgagesite.com/][img]http://www.imgagesite.com/pic.jpg[img][/url]

Last edited by Susann on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total 
d-day

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Susann, but the intention is to have the URL open another, larger pic, not just go to the pic hosting site. This works on any other site I've tried it, including this one:

Perhaps I misunderstood?

Thanks again!
D

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote

No, quess I misunderstood it. I ´ll check my other forum because there are more pictures and I believe its still working that way there.

edit:Like I said before spaces are the reason when [/url] is displayed after the image.

p17blo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote

This is exactly the same as is happening to me (In fact I created a new topic about this very problem which I have just asked to be locked off)

It only happens in risubice and I would prefer not to have to change the theme if necessary.

here is my earlier post:

Quote:

Hi All,

Seem to finding a number of small issues which are slowing me down so looking for any advice.

I have installed (and now re-installed) a fresh complete install of the latest stable RN (I think this is 2.10.01) which installs fine.

No mods in the re-install other than you disable to IP check (as I am using my local server) and to put my relevant details into config.php

I have also imported my existing PHPBB (V2.0.22) data into the nuke databases and I can see all posts and users etc.

I was checking through some old posts and I started to see BBCODE actually printed in the body of some posts.

I did some investigation and I have found it seems to be a combination issues.

On their own IMG and URL tags work either creating a link or displaying an image, but it I embed a IMG tag inside a URL tag to make an image clickable as a link, I get the image displayed but the URL prints as BBCODE.

No as test (and it seems to work on this board) I embed the google image as a link to google here:

which on my site will end up being displayed something like
{url=http://www.google.com/}Image{/url}
(I have replaced { for [ to demonstrate the point)

Any help appreciated as this little issues are driving me mad Very Happy

Now this site obviously uses risubice and doesn't have the problem.

Paul

p17blo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote

I have a work around whilst I work on what is causing the problem.

Rename or delete the following folder

{nukerootfolder}/themes/fisubice/forums

And hey presto the problem goes away - So does the stiling of the forum mind you but I will carry on working on the specific file that is causing the problem

Paul

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Note that this site isn't running the latest version of RN.

p17blo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:36 pm Reply with quote

I have now found the culprit file (although I can't really explain the problem) and I know how to fix.

The problem is the bbcode.tpl file located in the following location

{nukerootfolder}/themes/fisubice/forums

- Please download the fisubsilversh theme from nukemods.com found here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
and unpack just the bbcode.tpl file into the above location overwritting the original file. This replacement file is 100% and in fact is exactly the same content as the original only formatted differently.

This fixed the problem for me whilst mainting the modified theme and keeping the QR etc.

Another issue resolved, now onto the next Very Happy Very Happy

Paul

d-day

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Works for me, too! Thanks so much!

Marked this Resolved...

Doulos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote

I used ExamDif Pro to compare the file you suggest and the one that comes stock with RN210,and those files are essentially identical.

The only differences are of this type: Several lines in RN's has this type of format:
Code:
<!-- BEGIN b_open -->

<span style="font-weight:bold">
<!-- END b_open -->
The one you suggested has this format:
Code:
!-- BEGIN b_open --><span style="font-weight:bold"><!-- END b_open -->

I do not see any reason why that should make a difference. BUT IT DOES.

Thanks.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for doing the leg work on this one p17blo. I'll add this to the RN issue tracker so it will get fixed in the next release. Although it does seem like a strange one...

d-day

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for comparing the files Ezekiel. Very odd but I can't argue with the results.

Thanks again to all who helped!
D

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote

This is a bizarre one but even though the files compare as identical I have replaced the file as stated above and all is well once again. It is fixed in v2.20.00 which should be released soon. Thanks to all who did the leg work on this one!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic