Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
jethro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Sorry to have to post a new thread for such a quick(n00b) simple question but I could not find an answer on your forum.
I have "NukeSentinel(tm) 2.5.02" On my current website and Need to upgrade.

I do not know if I can "Upgrade" using "NukeSentinel(tm) 2.5.10 70-80 "as it says this; "v2.5.00 to v2.5.10".

So does that mean I can upgrade or do I have to do a full instillation(NukeSentinel(tm) 2.5.10 70-80).
Thank you,

Jethro
Embarassed

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote

You can upgrade incrementally with that package.

jethro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Thank you very much

jethro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote

Hi again, Rolling Eyes

I have done all the required actions to install the updated version apart from updating /public_html/modules/Your_Account/index.php

I have:
"PHP-Nuke Platinum.
Currently running version: 7.6.b.4v2"

So I go on Open up the "index7.6.txt" & start to edit my own index.php.
I realize that it says, "Your_Account/index.php may differ from the examples found here, " but I wouldn't of thought nearly all of them would differ from the examples.

In my index.php, I can not find any of the specified lines at all so have left that file how it originally was (apart from " $uname = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];").

So far I have no errors but is this leaving a security whole in my site Question

Thanks,

Jethro

EDIT:
I have an error now:
When I go to my forum admin It comes up with a blanc screen: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] site.com/modules/Forums/admin/index.php

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote

You are not supposed to go directly to that listed URL/file. Had you logged into your PHP-Nuke admin account (i.e., admin.php) and then clicked on the Modules Administration --> Forums?

I don't recall any edits for NukeSentinel that required changes to the Forums at all.

jethro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quote

No, at the top left of my screen there is an "Administration" panel
(it comes up once you have logged into .admin.php) that gives links to:
Code:

/admin.php
/modules/Forums/admin/index.php
News module
Blocks
Messages Admin
Modules Admin
Your Account Admin
Logout

It has not come up with a white screen before until now when upgraded Sentinel.
Going straight to the Forum Admin page once you have logged in as Admin has caused no problem of "White pages" in the past.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quote

Well, the second link should be admin.php?op=forums instead of what you are showing there.

What about the normal Administration Control Panel that you come to when you first log into admin.php? Under the Modules Administration, there is a link to the Forums admin. Does this also give you the blank white page?

BTW, a blank white page, 95% of the time, is a PHP parse error introduced by making incorrect changes to code (i.e., introducing a parse error). Which, by the way, is not difficult to do, so definitely check and re-check your edits too.

jethro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quote

It comes up with a white page when I do that too.

It took me ages to edit all the files; maybe this time it woun't take some time and will work.

But before I need the answer to this:
jethro wrote:
Hi again, Rolling Eyes

I have done all the required actions to install the updated version apart from updating /public_html/modules/Your_Account/index.php

I have:
"PHP-Nuke Platinum.
Currently running version: 7.6.b.4v2"

So I go on Open up the "index7.6.txt" & start to edit my own index.php.
I realize that it says, "Your_Account/index.php may differ from the examples found here, " but I wouldn't of thought nearly all of them would differ from the examples.

In my index.php, I can not find any of the specified lines at all so have left that file how it originally was (apart from " $uname = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];").

So far I have no errors but is this leaving a security whole in my site Question

Thanks,

Jethro

montego

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote

These edits are desirable but not required. If you cannot get all the edits for Your_Account/index.php figured out, I would not make any of them. Better not to have partial changes.

NukeSentinel has better code than PHP-Nuke for identification of the remote IP address the user is coming from and so this is trying to get the better address for the user's last IP accessed from and for you to ban the user directly from the user's profile page.

I believe this is what these edits are used for. If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me.

jethro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote

I understand. I am Just Made them Default and it all works fine now. Thank you Very much.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:07 am Reply with quote

jethro wrote:
I am Just Made them Default and it all works fine now. Thank you Very much.

I do not understand how this fixed your issue? Are you saying that you re-did your core file edits or did you do something else? Confused

jethro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
These edits are desirable but not required. If you cannot get all the edits for Your_Account/index.php figured out, I would not make any of them. Better not to have partial changes.

So I put all of the Edited core files back to default; it all works fine now.

Thanks Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic