Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
morpheus_75
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:44 am Reply with quote

I tried to GT my site (I have phpnuke 6.8 ). Let's say the links worked fine but I also got several problems:

1) the forum didn't display (error in sessions.php)

2) Error in the ForumScroll block

3) Error in the Admin Block

4) Error in the Waiting content block

I downloaded the GT zip file from the Nuke guide and did exactly what I was told to.

PLS HELP! Sad

morpheus_75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:42 am Reply with quote

Raven, Chatserv... is any "php guru" there? Razz

At least I have saved the old files and re-uploaded them, so that I have not lost anything...
But I'd really like to GT my site...

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:04 am Reply with quote

Those errors more than likely indicate an installation error. I am running 6.9 and have no problems. I had been using 6.5 and it worked ok there too. I'd just try installing again.

morpheus_75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:09 am Reply with quote

What kind of installation errors? Just consider that I've made the changes myself...

Unfortunately my site has got a lot of mods and I could not replace the files with those provided in the zip file.

I have a question: does GT run with 6.8?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:10 am Reply with quote

Yes it does. Installation errors refers to the installation of GT by the webmaster Laughing

morpheus_75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:14 am Reply with quote

Embarassed

So u don't think it's a problem of compatibility, ok. But why the html links worked and not the forum? There was no change to be made in the forums module... Confused

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:19 am Reply with quote

My guess, and that's all it is, is that you missed something OR the format of your forum link is not quite the same as the standard GT syntax. If that is the case, for whatever the reason, you will just need to tweak the code in header.php and/or .htaccess.

morpheus_75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:20 am Reply with quote

Thank you, Raven. I'll check and let you know Smile

morpheus_75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:58 am Reply with quote

I DID IT! Ehm... er.... I only copied being careful to do exactly what I was meant to. IT WORKS!!!
Now I only have to tap the blocks (ForumScroll and Old Articles) and that's it!!
THANK U! Smile

morpheus_75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:02 am Reply with quote

Last question. If I have to modify some links... shall I put them in html or php??

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote

Links w/i your site will only be GT'd if you add the patterns to header.php and .htaccess.

morpheus_75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Links w/i your site will only be GT'd if you add the patterns to header.php and .htaccess.

Well, the Web Hosting Reviews Block here does not seem to be GT'd Confused I mean... if i want to add an url manually (for example in a customized block or module), linkinf for example the Reviews sextion: do I have to put [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ??

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:02 pm Reply with quote

When going to someone else's site that is not GT'd, which my hosting site isn't, you user the first method.

morpheus_75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
When going to someone else's site that is not GT'd, which my hosting site isn't, you user the first method.

Ok, but not all the modules are GT'd. For example, as far as i can see, your "Your Account" module is not GT'd. If I click on the menu on the left, I see a dynamic url... Confused

So if you want to put manually a link to "your account" module (for example in a customized block), you have to use the dynamic url. Or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic