Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Stand Alone
kittyprrrs
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:29 am Reply with quote

I hope this is the right place to put this one!

So, I followed the "set forum to private" from the PHPbb site:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Now, I followed this to a "T" but, when I try to go into the forums, not only is the forum still viewable by everyone but also, I was able to access it, even though I removed myself from the "group".

This is what I have it set to:

Guild Discussion=PrivateHidden
Group Permission=Guild Discussion=Allow Access=Is Moderator

Now, could it be because I am a moderator still (but NOT a "Guildie"), I will always be granted to view this forum?

Please advise.

Also, I have a "person" who is requesting me to ALLOw them to be a "admin" for the site. I don't know ALL there is to know about php and am unsure if I am comfortable with this person having access to the site, when I am still learning. She says in her pm to me "i have 3 years expereince as a phpbb forum admin. i ran 2 of these, one for a college anime club and one for an anime convention. i dont know how much time i have to dedicate, but i would like to help if you need any. i might be a tad rusty, but am pretty sure i remember most of if. "

any advise? I know one of the things she already wants to do it allow people to upload their avatars....

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:06 am Reply with quote

Moderators can see all. If you log out can you see it?

About your "person"...It depends if you need help or not. I'd only make people you trust fellow admins. Just tell them that you'll keep that in mind for when the site gets real busy or you need help. And then see how active they are on the site over the next few weeks and try to get to know them better.

kittyprrrs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quote

Hey Gremmie *still love your pic!*...

If I log out, I can't access the forums *hhahahaha!*...my brother has his quirks and this is one of them. he's one of those that buys a you a pair of stud earrings but wraps it up in newspaper's inside a box inside newspaper, inside boxes...etc til the box is 6x6! Think "ogres have layers" theory here. However, I did pull my head out of my butt and created a fictitious (sp?) user and yes, it was hidden *yay!*.

The site only has 54 users (i know...how pathetic) right now. Could it be my brother is just not realizing that giving someone the authority or privileges of this level, COULD be somewhat detrimental wouldn't/couldn't it? . I think I will say it just like you said "i'll keep it in mind for when the site gets over my head". It's better than "pffft...now what if you jack up the site, will I be posting messages left and right at raven's site just so I can fix your screw ups??? BACK OFF! One QUEEN here!"

hahahaha! thanks again gremmie!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Stand Alone

View next topic
View previous topic