Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Treasury
drunkmuppet1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quote

I have searched the forums, read posts from years ago and tried everything. I read that there was a problem with godaddy. So I changed hosts. I have IPN set up.

Quote:
PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) allows you to integrate PayPal payments with your website back-end operations.

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) On
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: http://www.trp-clan.com/modules/Donations/ipn/ipnppd.php

This is what I get when I test the IPN.

Quote:
Debug mode activated

PHP-Nuke Treasury mod

PayPal Instant Payment Notification script

See below for status:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Connection to db - OK!
Opening connection and validating request with PayPal...
OK!
Selecting database...OK!
Executing test query...PASSED!
PayPal Receiver Email: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] events

----------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't see any error messages, you should be good to go!

Where should I go from here?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quote

Ask your host if they allow PHP scripts to use the fsockopen() call to open a socket on a remote host. I think some hosts disable this function for security reasons.

drunkmuppet1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote

Alright, shot them an email and ill let you know what their response is.

drunkmuppet1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote

Their Response:
Quote:
Yes, we do allow the the 'fsockopen()' PHP resource in the PHP code of our
customers. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or
concerns.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote

Rats. Well I am at a loss then. This is a common complaint, but no one can seem to put their finger on it. The block works for me, but in the past it has failed to update for me, but not within the last year. Like we have said in another thread on this very same subject, there is some talk of adding this module to the next RavenNuke. If we do, we will clean it up and add additional instrumentation to it to see why it fails to update the database for so many folks.

drunkmuppet1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote

Is there any scripts or tools I can use to help track down the problem. It also seems that even if I manually add contributions the block still doesn't work.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote

I've had to manually add entries before with phpMyAdmin. Just make sure you get the date correct and it should work...

The code in the ipnppd.php script is pretty hairy. But somewhere in there is the problem, probably.

I wouldn't rule out other problems though. Can you test your IPN notification from Paypal somehow? I haven't looked at that recently. I know Paypal has added a lot of stuff within the last year.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote

I was once helping a gaming clan debug why their teamspeak and game server blocks stopped working. The fsockopen() calls were failing, but had worked for months in the past. It turns out the host had to reboot their firewall. Unfortunately, given the nature of the internet, sockets are going to fail to open sometimes. You could try to write a test php script that opened a remote socket and see if that worked at all. I could send you one if you want. PM me your email if you are interested.

drunkmuppet1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Honest to god, I don't know how or why, but it started working. It only took 3 reinstalls and lots of headaches but its now working. Wow, this is a big weight off my shoulders. Thanks for all the help.

However, previously with GoDaddy it would not work. So for anyone who can't get it to work and are hosted with godaddy thats probably why. Theres much better hosts out there... Learned my lesson >_<

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Treasury

View next topic
View previous topic