Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
candy
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote

I have kind of a complicated problem. From the homepage, there's an icon that takes users to "Topics" module where the tables of each topic comes up.

Well, when i click on the category name of each news item on the page, instead of taking me to that category's main page, it takes me to a blank page.

For example:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

comes up blank when you click on it but there are several articles/news in this category so why doesn't it take you to the page to view all articles in thsi category?

any ideas?? Question

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:33 am Reply with quote

candy, instead of clicking on the category, try clicking on each news article under that category to make sure there isn't really a problem with one of them. Once you click the category, it reads all the news articles for that category (up to the page limit) and I am wondering if one of those might be having an issue.

Outside of that, maybe check:

1. Does the category have any special characters in it (make sure it is strictly alphanumeric - just trying to rule out things here).

2. Have you deleted any Topics lately?

candy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote

i can click on each individual news article without a problem..the news file always comes up.

the catgeories all have only letters and spaces (the ones that have two words per category name) so no outside characters and I haven't deleted any Topics since i've started adding articles.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote

Candy, I should have asked this earlier: is it a blank WHITE page or are your headers and footers and left-blocks there, just no content in the middle?

candy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quote

it's the latter....everything's there except nothing in the middle. Smile

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quote

Hhhhmmm... odd. What version of PHP-Nuke?

Does the same thing happen from your home page when you click on the topic graphic????

candy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote

i am using 7.9. no, when you visit the main Topics mod, it actually takes you to the different topics, but it's within THOSE topics that the individual categories aren't available.

can I send you the links privately to have you take a look?

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quote

Oh, I see. My bad. I keep forgetting about the "categories" feature and how it works (because I have rarely used it). So the issue is in the News module it sounds rather than the Topics module. The only thing I can offer you is to make sure you are using the latest patches (3.3 as of this writing). Maybe this has been fixed.

Sorry, I do not use 7.9. Does anyone out there using 7.9? If so, can you please test this. If your version works, maybe you can offer to send your version to Candy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic