Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
SuzieBeck

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:32 pm Reply with quote

New User, PHP Nuke 7.2, installed, edited config.sys, executed updates, tried REPEATEDLY to log on and get the following:

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

Running out of things to do. Even tried re-install! Tried installing to my computer, then cross checking that all files were present.

I can go no further!!!

afc
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:40 pm Reply with quote

goto mysql and check nuke_authors you can delete author or add another admin,
if you need someone to help set your site up let me know.

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:30 pm Reply with quote

If this is a fresh install try using the installer from chatserv [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It will walk you through the install of the database. There is no reason to run the update script if this is a fresh install. If your working on a pre existing site and updating to 7.2 you'd have to try afc's suggestion and if that fails (Hope you backed up) restore your backup and then use chatservs installer to update.
Just like magic!

If none of the above helps and your really confused now take afc up on his offer of assistance.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Make sure the database is installed and that your MySQL parmeters are set correctly. Is this IIS or Apache?

SuzieBeck

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:01 pm Reply with quote

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

One thank you is not enough. I struggled with getting PHP Nuke set up for weeks and Armada Fleet Command generously offered to bail me out. You were able to do in minutes what I was unable to do in weeks!!!

Thank you so much for your generous offer! I appreciate you! Also thank you for your offer to help me again if I need it.

SuzieBeck

SuzieBeck

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Thanks to Armada Fleet Command for the great suggestions on finding themes, etc., for my new site.

His assistance is invaluable.

SuzieBeck

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Oh great! Now his head is going to start to swell. Next thing you know he'll start TM'ing everything and we'll have to have permission to let his posts in. Then he'll start charging for his code. Then he'll accuse me of stealing his code. Then I'll have to ban him. All because he helped you w/o my permission. So sad....

Laughing - Good work afc!

afc

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Oh great! Now his head is going to start to swell. Next thing you know he'll start TM'ing everything and we'll have to have permission to let his posts in. Then he'll start charging for his code. Then he'll accuse me of stealing his code. Then I'll have to ban him. All because he helped you w/o my permission. So sad....

Laughing - Good work afc!

Nope just trying to help people out, I was a beginner once.

One thing i hate is how FB runs phpnuke, and how nukecops has been running lately. FB and ZX have the same problem it there ego.

I still have a long way to go. the other day chatserv check a script for me which i was thankful.

Last edited by afc on Sun May 16, 2004 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:06 pm Reply with quote

Uh, you do know I was yankin' your chain, right?

afc

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quote

I know you were joking, i edited post please read it again. If you go around nuke community you know where i stand.

She asked me to make here a second site for her it being uploaded now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic