Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
utssace
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote

I want to start some news aggregation on my gaming clan's site. I know how to add an rss feed link to a block. That only lists the headlines. I want to be able to aggregate the whole articles into a news page.

I know that Drupal has an aggregator module that does this. How can I do this in RavenNuke 2.10.01? What module or documentation can I refer to on this?

Here's a link that talks about the Drupal aggregator. I am not sure how Nuke does this?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Cool

utssace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:46 am Reply with quote

I was just reading this about NSN News 2.0. Not sure if it is what I am looking for without installing it.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I should have probably asked this question in that thread. sry Cool

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. But I am working on a couple addons
- first nukePIE, which will enable the RSS blocks to display the full story - with HTML - as a popup. You can see a demo at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (scroll down to the right and highlight one of the stories there).

- then, nukeREADER, which will do pretty much what you're looking for. But this is farther off from being released. In the mean time, check out the multiheadlines module.

utssace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:26 am Reply with quote

Thank you for updating me kguske. The nukePIE is interesting. I haven't seen article pop-ups like that. That would work good for sneak peaks at headlines on subjects of additional interest on a website. Ultimately, I am looking to rss primary news articles into nuke news where users can comment and have discussions. As you mentioned, I'll check out multiheadlines for now. Cool

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:58 am Reply with quote

I hadn't thought about that, but it's an interesting take. I don't think multiheadlines will give you the ability to have comments and discussions. Not sure, but maybe it makes sense to have a forum for the feed, a link the news item to a topic for discussion. Maybe there is a way to automate that link - not sure.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:48 am Reply with quote

utssace,

Regarding this quote from kguske:

Quote:

Maybe there is a way to automate that link - not sure.

I believe that Guardian2003 has done something like this using a phpBB hack/add-on called MTF2 or something like that. He had a way to pull in RSS feeds into a forum thread and then I am assuming (might be a big assumption) that folks could post responses.

I have not seen anything like this for the news module though.

Oh course, one has to be careful though. Most content is copyrighted, so if you just scrape that content over into your site, you could be in copyright violation. You must get permission to do so.

Lucifix
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quote

Maybe this will help you: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

utssace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quote

yes, thank you for the link lucifix. I am looking in to multiheadlines now. Cool

utssace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:33 pm Reply with quote

I am having a problem with my Multiheadlines saying module is not
active when I click on the next page of headlines. I have the module
in the homepage. When I go to modules to activate it, the Activate
is not a link. Status says Inactive(In Home). Can't seem to activate
the module.

Any ideas how to fix this?

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote

Sorry for the delayed response - hopefully you already fixed this, but if not:
You might try making another module (e.g. News the home module) so you can activate the Multiheadlines. After it's activated, then try making it the Home module again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic