Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
kevinkap
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote

Is the image upload not available for submit news? Even when logged in as an admin I do not see it. Also do not have options for font, size, format, style and such for submit news. I have those options when editing news, but not submitting news. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote

I believe if you go into the admin panel and add a story that way, those features are there.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quote

thanks.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote

It's gotta be an admin-only feature right? I don't think you want just any user uploading files to your site Wink

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote

I *should* be admin-only, but if you choose, you can override the default configuration to allow it for all users.

nicpon
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quote

I have another issue with WYSIWYG. When adding image I select border 1,2 or any other number. The boder is displayed in the text box, but when story is saved it is not displayed anymore. Then when I edit that story the border is there. So it's not displayed only when viewing it and it looks ok in the editor.
Any ideas on this issue?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quote

It might be a CSS issue. Your theme might be overriding it...we have a similar issue with the CSS overriding font sizes on some themes. Do you have any CSS that tries to style images or image borders?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote

Getting back to kevinkap's question....could it be possible to do an is_admin() check inside Submit_News and then configure the editor accordingly? That way you would not have to always drop into the admin panel to add news with the special admin rights.

nicpon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
It might be a CSS issue. Your theme might be overriding it...we have a similar issue with the CSS overriding font sizes on some themes. Do you have any CSS that tries to style images or image borders?

I'm talking about out of the box RN2.10 with fisubice theme unchanged. I looked through style.css and I didn't see anything about overiding images.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote

nicpon wrote:

I'm talking about out of the box RN2.10 with fisubice theme unchanged. I looked through style.css and I didn't see anything about overiding images.

Out of the box the fisubice theme has issues with text size and the WYSIWYG editor.

Let me look...yes here it is:

Code:

img {border-style: none }

Remove that line from your themes/fisubice/style/style.css file, clear your cache, and then try it.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quote

Hhmmmmm... I added that statement to the CSS for all the RN themes in order to help with XHTML compliance (I was then able to remove some unallowed "border=" attributes). This is definitely disheartening. Come someone please post the generated HTML that the editor creates when you use the border attribute? Thanks.

nicpon

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote

I removed img clause in css and borders are showing fine.
I have another question about WYSIWYG: When uploading img's through FCkeditor is there a way to show thumbnails in the browse box? For example, I want to use one the images that already exists in the upload folder, but it's kind of hard to remember names for images to select which were uploaded some time ago.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote

I'll check to see if that's on the enhancement list for FCKeditor.

Fluke
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quote

I had problems with the image upload feature with the wysiwyg editor. Installer didn't say any of my permissions were wrong. There is no suggestion to make sure that the upload directory has 777 permissions for fckeditor. Without it you only see index.htm or index.html and all uploaded images fail. I do not know if these images are moved from the upload directory...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic