Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security
shane42
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote

Am i correct in assuming that all the font files .ttf's are solely used for captcha? My website hangs when captcha is enabled and i reinstalled all the files a fresh. third time around now and since i used FilleZilla I noticed a problem with 4 .ttf files, i'm wondering if this may be causing the pages with captcha to hang.

Well, 4 font files, namely VeraBI, VeraBd, VeraMono and VeraMoBI cannot be deleted, transfered or updated at all. I tried many different ways but I just can't get rid of them, all attempts to replace them with new ones have so far failed. If there is an issue with those files would that cause the captcha to fail creating an image and causing the pages to hang? If so, I was thinking I could create new folder, give it different name, and only upload those that i know work. If i was to do that, can anyone tell me where do I change the function that calls for random .ttf file from fonts folder so I can change it to call it from a different folder?

I have found one line that may do it, but not sure if it's correct or if there are more, this one is in captcha.php from image folder

Quote:
define('FONTS', INCLUDES.'fonts/');

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quote

Well if you are having problems deleting files from your server you may wanna talk to your host about that. That is kind of strange!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security

View next topic
View previous topic