Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
spyrule
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

I am attempting to setup a website to be used in conjunction with a game (eve-online). I posted awhile ago for help with a module, and that went no where (nobody would help me).

I am very noobish to coding phpnuke, but what I need is a basic plain registration/login page that works with the user Db from raven-nuke.

Main reason, is that I want a full website that is useable in a normal web-browser (raven-nuke), and then some basic pages for eve-online's In Game Browser (IGB). The IGB however does not handle complicated html very well at all. Plain 1.0 html, and limited tables are supported (nested tables always break).
The IGB though has a very neat feature of being able to pass back certain types of information from the game back to the website. For example :

HTTP_EVE_ALLIANCEID=None
HTTP_EVE_ALLIANCENAME=None
HTTP_EVE_CHARID=807847262
HTTP_EVE_CHARNAME=spyrule
HTTP_EVE_CONSTELLATIONNAME=Asalola
HTTP_EVE_CORPID=127168774
HTTP_EVE_CORPNAME=Hammer And Fist
HTTP_EVE_CORPROLE=9223372036854775807
HTTP_EVE_NEARESTLOCATION=None
HTTP_EVE_REGIONNAME=Lonetrek
HTTP_EVE_SERVERIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
HTTP_EVE_SOLARSYSTEMNAME=Oipo
HTTP_EVE_STATIONNAME=Oipo II - Moon 19 - Ishukone Watch Logistic Support
HTTP_EVE_TRUSTED=yes
HTTP_HOST=igb.hammerandfist.com
HTTP_USER_AGENT=EVE-minibrowser/3.0

These are the common peices of information that can be retrieved.

For me, the only thing I'm really want is their username. I would like to have a registration page, that has all the normal , email, password, location, etc. except for the username is autofilled from the header information, eg : $HTTP_EVE_CHARNAME.

Obviously, the reason I want this is so that people HAVE to be an eve-player to be able to register on the website, and become a member.

The other part that I will then want to add to this, down the road will be an automatic roster tool that takes care of most operations based on a date and last time the player was "on" in the game.

So the player has to be able to authenticate basic UID/PSW from within the game, and then be presented with a very simple page. Which I have yet to really think about, besides making it a simple responce as : "Roster updated!, thank you for keeping this corporation organized."

If this makes ANY sense at all, please, even if you can help me with code snippets, and whatnot, I will try and figure out what to do from there. I am very new to the engine of ravennuke (and phpnuke for that matter), so I'm not really sure how to make the changes I need to make to have this happen.

The only thing I know how to do is remove the "register" links from the normal place, and I currently have the website with a browser detection in the mainfile that re-directs to a IGB compatible display page when necessary. (http://igb.hammerandfist.com/)

Hope someone can help,

Spyrule.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote

There are "for hire" Forums where you might want to post this. I could be wrong but I doubt that anyone will take this on "for free" -- anyone with the capability to do it probably has a todo list nine miles long already with their own sites.

spyrule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:03 pm Reply with quote

yeah...

Sadly, this is for a game, so to spend money on this is not something I can afford.
wish I could mind you...

Yeah, really all I need is how to "rip" out the current registration form from the Your_Account\index.php file, and be able to use it to generate the form, so that the page generated is really simple with no blocks or anything else. Basicly, somehow re-use the back-end of ravennuke with a different front-end. I'm willing to try and figure out the front end, it's the back-end stuff that I'm lost with.

For example, I know how to add an individual field to an existing person in the nuke_user table of the db. But what I don't know how to do is either add them to ALL member as they register, and/or if this is the best way to do it, or have another Db table and link each table row to each member in the nuke_user table...
and if that's the best way... I've never been able to wrap my brain around how to create that "link" so to speak.

if ANYBODY out there is willing to shoot me code snippets to help me out, I'm moooooore then willing to try and do this myself. If someone needs something for it besides money, I would be willing to see what I can do.

Thanks

Spyrule.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote

I would have to agree with fkelly. Get yourself a good book on PHP and dive in. Sounds like a good opportunity for you to learn some cool new stuff! Good luck!

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quote

LOL, and I agree with Gremmie. Your Account is not that simple to start muddling around in either. I may be mistaken but a lot of what you are looking for is probably in YA/admin/index.php and not just in YA/index.php. If that looks like Greek to you it is probably not a good idea to mess with it. Not that I disagree either about diving in and not that Nuke is the MOST complex software in the world (just mess with PHPBB or Gallery for a while and you'll see that), but there are a lot of different functions in YA that all work together and unless you understand the relationships you probably won't be successful. Also a lot of tables and you need to understand how the programs use and update these. Not a good first timer project. Better to start with your own module.

spyrule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Could an actual module be used to do the same effective thing?

And Can anybody suggest any good PHP books besides the php & MySQL for dummies book... read it, useless p.o.s.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quote

My personal favorite is PHP5 and MySQL Bible by Time Converse and Joyce Park. Actually, I like the entire "Bible" series as they make for excellent reference books after-the-fact.

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quote

And PHP and MYSQL Web Development by Welling and Thompson. Several editions are out there, I'm not sure which one is current but I have edition 2 from a couple of years ago.

And yes, a module could do what you want but you'd be reinventing Your Account. Or at least parts of it. Suggestion: use the book to learn the syntax by writing some stand alone programs. Then maybe write a module to do something simple or write a block based on one of the existing blocks to do something you need done. That way you get a sense of how blocks and modules are structured (Karakas's HOW TO manual also explains some of that). Then maybe plunge into modifying existing modules but only after you have the fundamentals down.

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote

On just adding fields, the "Add Fields" mod that comes with "Approve Membership" may be a good start. Of course, to truly customize it to your needs, I really recommend learning PHP.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic