Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

I want to sell various goods on my website...both digital goods, (ie files for people to download) and also tangiable goods.

Can anyone please tell me if osc2nuke is a good option to use with my website, which is running Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Anyone? (Sorry, never had a need to sell goods through my various sites.)

emmaphp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:05 am Reply with quote

emmaphp wrote:
I want to sell various goods on my website...both digital goods, (ie files for people to download) and also tangiable goods.

Can anyone please tell me if osc2nuke is a good option to use with my website, which is running Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro?

Hi everyone.

I have not had any feedback on this matter and I just wonder if someone can give me any advise.

I am now using Raven Distro (latest version) and I still want to sell merchandise etc on my site and was thinking about using osc2nuke.

However I have seen a couple of postings advising that osc2nuke doesn't work with Raven Distro. Is this correct or should it work if I install it (correctly)?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:25 am Reply with quote

I can't give an opinion on osc2nuke, never used it. If you can program you can get starter scripts from Paypal. They have a whole support system including forums, sample scripts, documentation etc. I wouldn't classify it as easy to set up but if you do it this way you will have total control over your application. And, unless the package you are looking at has some kind of magic built into it you are still going to need to go into Paypal and set up and customize accounts, which in some ways can be the most confusing part of the process.

technocrat
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:46 am Reply with quote

I wrote a bridge for CubeCart (http://cubecart.com/site/home/) that in theory would work for RN as well. Basically it will uses the nuke tables to hold the data.

There are 2 problems with it, first it's not a module so you will have to get someone from CC to port your theme to the cart. Second all the user info is there but it can't tell when a user is logged into your site. So they have to login to the cart.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies Technocrat and Fkelly.

But surely there is a more straight forward solution for running a website using Raven PHP Nuke and having online e-commerce with a shopping cart etc.

I mean I am surely not the only person wanting such a thing, am I?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:53 am Reply with quote

It really depends on your actual needs.
If you are selling a lot of tangible goods, a stand alone cart might be a more sensible option as it would be easier to maintain.

technocrat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:02 am Reply with quote

There is also simplecart from dadanuke. Having used all free cart systems and modules personally really cubecart is the best, though its far from perfect. OsCom in my opinion is a total mess, which is why a group of DevNetwork programmers are going to rewrite the whole thing.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quote

Just to clarify, osc2nuke includes both PHP-Nuke and osCommerce. I'm not sure what breaking out the osCommerce part would involve, or what issues would arise from using that with RN.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote

Hi Kguske,

You explain that osc2nuke includes both PHP-Nuke and osCommerce, but there is also a version available to download from the official website that is just a ported version of osCommerce that can be used as an add on to an existing PHP-Nuke website/installation.

However, although this is the case, I am trying to establish if it would be compatible with the (lastest) Raven version of PHP-Nuke or my version, which is currently Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote

Thanks, emmaphp, I wasn't aware of that. I've used osCommerce for several sites, but never integrated it with Nuke. I'm guessing that the integration points are more around user stuff (login, registration, forgotten password), and there are some significant changes in RN in that area. If it's implemented as a Nuke module, there may also be some problems with the Nuke patch level. RN requires the latest version of the NukeFixes patch, so if it uses an older patch level (or none at all), it might display a blank page when accessing the osC "module."

I hope that helps - why not try it to see what the problems, if any, are?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic