Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues
kittyprrrs
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quote

I found this post {http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postp57971.html), in regards to my problem and although I went into phpmyadmin to fix the gid, it didn't change anything on the site. I am still unable to add certain people to the group. The table I am fixing is nuke_nsngr_users.

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing:
The boxes that I am trying to select are MUCH bigger than the ones that I CAN select....

I am doing this because my brother, doesn't like being "Site Admin" under his posts, he wants to be shown as "GM" or "Moderator".

Something funny, I realized his site might have been hacked during this as the old database had 2 other groups of moderators that were created in 1969....funny eh? I can only think of one person that would do this but will monitor it much closer now.

Is this a bug or is it operator's error?

Thanks!

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Once individuals have been added to a group their "box" is no longer selectable. There are two tables you need to be concerned with: nsngr_users and nsngr_groups. The groups table contains one record for each group. The users table associates users with groups so if a user in in three groups he'll have three records with three different group id's (gid).

If the relationships between the tables are fouled up, you might be better off deleting all the groups and making sure those tables are emptied and starting over.

The screens for adding users to groups are very hard to use, especially if you have a lot of users but they are all we have right now. It's on the wishlist for future improvements.

kittyprrrs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Thank you fkelly, for that huge clarification.

I went ahead and deleted all groups in RNuke settings as well as the groups in phpbb admin settings. i now have no groups (and i confirmed it by going into phpmyadmin and there are no tables to 'browse' as you said above - "better off deleting all groups....").

I went back into Admin in RNuke and re-set up the groups and added users. This version is so...beautiful! I love it....my brother loves it (esp. since no one has been able to crack Nuke Sentinel). You all are so...SMART! I'm so glad I ran into this forum. Truly.

Stupid question for the day, is when Nuke Sentinel is "out of date" the window displays "out of date, you need to update"....this is when Nuke Sentinel is vulnerable right? I mean, that would be the only reason I can think of that my brother's site got hacked? Am I beginning to understand this?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quote

Could be .. Sentinel has had its own security faults. But your brother's site could be hacked from vulnerablities in other parts of the script, even ones that run behind Nuke Sentinel. Easy things to forget are to turn off are uploading features. Every script you run, you'll want to keep up-to-date. And if the authors aren't updating it anymore, you should either take the time to learn the code, or junk it.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services

Last edited by evaders99 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total 
fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote

You are welcome kittyprrrs and we are glad to help around here. What Evaders says goes about Sentinel. Generally, unless it's a very specific hack that a new version fixes being one version out of date will not be fatal or lead to you being hacked. Some here say to update "immediately" and usually they would be right but I doubt in this case it's what led to your site being hacked, if in fact that's what it was. Sorry to be so ambiguous on that but without knowing exactly it's not possible to be less so.

Anyway enjoy your new groups and good luck.

kittyprrrs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote

Again, you guys all so totally rock! Truly!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic