Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues
sergeantjay

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote

For some reason when the Quote feature is used in the forums, it comes out as text instead of the quote box appearing. Example [quote="johndoe"]test 123[\quote] is displayed exactly like that -> [quote="johndoe"]test 123[\quote]

When you take out the name -> [quote]test 123[\quote] it displays the quote box correctly, of course with no name after the colon: However that is not the solution to the problem. Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

Jay [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote

read this here...
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote

But, you should not see this if you are really fully up on RavenNuke(tm) 2.10.00 version. Maybe try uploading the RN files again.

sergeantjay

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote

I am using RN 2.10.00 and the line

$message = str_replace('"', '\"', $message);

already exist in the function_post file. I am at a loss. I've been reading through the forums and I can't find the answer. I'm don't know what to do at this point. I'm no programmer but I took a couple classes in college. So I'm trying to figure out the problem. &quot is not being assigned the variable "name" in the line [quote="JohnDoe"] ok.. I imported data from another forum and the quotes are displayed correctly ie: JohnDoe wrote: and the quote box displays correctly. That tells me the problem is definitely in the posting function. It is not theme related. I tried the default fisbuse and the behavior is the same. It must be a syntax issue. I'm not up on php syntax at all. I'm only gussing at this point.

montego

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quote

I have seen this before and you have to make sure that all the files under the includes directory as well as modules/Forums have been uploaded.

Is this a brand new installation or have to upgraded over the top of an existing nuke installation?

Many of us here have 2.10.00 sites and they are working fine with the quote, so I suspect there is a bad file somewhere. Maybe a missing bbcode file?

sergeantjay

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quote

It's a brand new install. I'll try uploading the files again but I somehow doubt that's gonna fix the problem. I believe it's a coding issue somewhere.

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quote

Well, like I said, many of us are using 2.10 and cannot replicate this it seems. So, hopefully uploading does solve it, but I'm with you... I'm not so sure it will.

And, you have not imported any data from any other nuke installation????

sergeantjay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote

OK I finally fixed the problem. Again, this was a clean install of 2.10. The problem was created when the second part "Extras" files were added from the theme. (Of course I didn't realize that) and I was convinced the problem was in the RavenNuke. I need to inform Clan Themes of this issue. I had to replace the following with the original Raven files: includes/bbcode.php, templates/subSilver/bbcode.tpl, templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl So actually montego, you were right. It turned out to be the theme after all.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Wow...congrats on tracking that down.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic