Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
angloswede
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quote

Hi
I'm a complete newbie so please go easy Smile

I have installed Linux (Ubuntu) on my laptop, also installed Xampp, RN 7.06 and NS 2.5.08. I'm running my own server with this configuration.

My home address is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I have tried to install Gallery 1.5.6. I have embedded it into Raven Nuke without any problems.
However.....when I login under my normal account and not the God account - when I try to create a new nested album, I get locked out and the black screen with white text appears (Nuke Sentinal).

What could the problem be?
I was thinking about album permissions although to be honest I haven't a clue.

Thanks for reading
Mark

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:14 am Reply with quote

Welcome...

If Gallery requires admin access to create a new nested album (not sure as I haven't worked with it), that would explain it. If anyone tries to access admin.php and isn't logged in as an admin, they could get banned.

There may be another setting or function that lets you do this without requiring admin access.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:46 am Reply with quote

What is the reason Sentinel giving for banning you?

angloswede

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:14 am Reply with quote

Hi
Many thanks for the quick reply's,
The reason I'm getting banned is this:

You have been blocked from entering this site.
You have attempted to bypass the Filter System on this site.
All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement.
If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at webmaster(at)tjornsdata(dot)com.
Be SURE to include the following information in any email!
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4
Remote Address: 217.208.91.228
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none
Date Blocked: 2007-06-01 @ 09:49:29 BST GMT +0100
Block expires: Permanent

I have since read about other posts within the forums about how to prevent you from getting blocked out of your own site. ie. adding your internal and external IP addresses to the Nuke Sentinel settings (of which I have done).

I hope I didn't sound rude or disrespectful - steaming in on my first post without even a word of greeting/thanks. First impressions are that I'm really happy with Raven Nuke and the levels of security.

Once again, Many thanks
Mark

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:09 am Reply with quote

It should have also given you the QUERY, GET and POST strings. This would give us more info as to why the filter check was tripped.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote

There are some other posts here related to the 1.x series of Gallery and its interaction with Sentinel. Search on Gallery or perhaps Gallery and Sentinel. If I recall correctly, Sentinel objects to a Gallery post string with "cmd" in it and you might need to patch Sentinel by exempting an incoming string where name="Gallery" or something of that nature. Suggested patches are posted here but you'll have to search.

angloswede

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quote

I've been reading through many posts and topics on the forum - it's a complete wealth of information, thank you.

Since I have reconfigured the gallery permissions and added my IP addresses to Nuke Sentinel - all is good.

I got a friend of mine in England to log in as my normal account (I have yet to set up a mail server.....next on the "to-do list") and all was OK.

With regards to getting the Query, Get and Post Strings - I didn't get anymore information on the screen then what is posted above (I just copied and pasted it over).

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:06 am Reply with quote

Quote:

With regards to getting the Query, Get and Post Strings - I didn't get anymore information on the screen then what is posted above (I just copied and pasted it over).

Hhhmmm, that is odd. Ok, sorry for the confusion. BTW, just noticed your version number. You will definitely want to upgrade to the latest 2.5.10 as of this post. The upgrade version of the distro will upgrade any 2.5.x version to 2.5.10.

angloswede

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote

Ok - Many thanks for this.
Would I be right in thinking I get this upgrade here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Nuke Sentinel(tm) 2.5.10 70-80 Upgrade

Is this the right one (before I go ahead and mess everything up)?
After the upgrade will I have to reconfigure the settings I had or would they still be there (I read the README file in the package but I didn't see any mention of it)?

Cheers
Mark

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quote

Yes that package should work fine.

All your settings should be there. Remember just to run the nsnst.php upgrade script

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
angloswede

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote

All done and dusted!
Installed a treat - afterwards I deleted/renamed the installer folder.

Also I did a complete backup of the site before and after - also read that on here as well Wink

Thanks again
Mark

no doubt I'll be asking for more assistance/problem solving else where within the forums. Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic