Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
wolfgar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Hi guys, I hope I am posting this in the right section and if not I am sorry but I have a few questions for you to answear for me. Let me start by saying I have had Ravens76 for about a a year now and I have never updated anything due to being nervous I might mess it up. Nuke Sentinel version is 2.4.2pl5. With that covered the problem I am having is some people are not able to access the site because of the INVALID IP issue. Alot of people are saying they can access the site from work or school but not from there home. Not knowing what to do about this I have read your forums and I have gone into the config and changed that value to TRUE. That did not resolve the issue. So i came back here and read more I then read on the forums to try importing data. I went there then clicked on import ip2c and I slected USA and clicked on import data. This is what I got after it was done.
65.255.64.0 - 65.255.79.255 was not inserted into nuke_nsnst_ip2country
65.255.96.0 - 65.255.175.255 was not inserted into nuke_nsnst_ip2country
65.255.192.0 - 65.255.207.255 was not inserted into nuke_nsnst_ip2country
66.0.0.0 - 66.6.47.255 was not inserted into nuke_nsnst_ip2country
this was a VERY long list.
Due to my lack of understanding what I am doing I am at a loss of what to do now. I have given thought of upgrading to the newest version of Ravens and or Sentinel and thinking that... That may fix my problem but then looking at the newset versions for download I begin to question myself that I may have a version that will not upgrade to the newest one or will the newest one upgrade ALL previous versions no matter what. If so, then I am going to have to figure out how to upgrade it. I am very new to all of this and I am sorry if this has been covered in other posts, only answear I have is lack of understanding what would help me and what would not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote

hello, yes ive seen that happen before on another site.
To make it easy on yourself it might be a good idea to just install the newest sentinel,and uninstall your current one...
thats option one..
two is to upgrade ravennuke fully and update anything that goes with it....

lol..even [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] just banned me for invalid ip...
it even happens to them....guess their security is a bit outdated to...

Last edited by hitwalker on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total 
wolfgar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote

Hitwalker, Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. I have a couple more questions for you now. First is if I start with just upgrading Sentinel would it be as simple as removing the Sentinel folder through ftp and then installing the new one and done. Second question would be if I upgrade Ravennuke would it be as simple as the install was for 76 and it will overwrite only what it needs and the current website I have will not change or would I have to redo my website?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quote

yes....simple steps would be to delete any sentinel file on your server and delete the tables...
just start clean....
abusers will always get banned again... Wink

as for a full upgrade...
the ravennuke pack provides all the info on upgrading and what you need to know and how to do it..
do read the docs.....

wolfgar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quote

Thanks will let you know how it goes. Crossing fingers I don't mess this up lol.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic