Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
zlmark
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote

I'm using the 2.02 and i just tried to add new admin. I use the cgi auth and verified he is listed in the .staccess file. we can get past the first login prompt but can't get past the admin login page, it's like the wrong password or security code. Tried clearing cookies, added his ip to protected range.
what am i missing?

Thanks,,Mark

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote

and scan for new admins ?

zlmark

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quote

did that. here is what it says...Scan for New Admins has completed. Is there a sequence to follow to add them. I added him by the "edit admins" then went through the sentinel

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote

well i dont know your situation or website,whats installed or not,or whats modified.
search the forum for add admins,that will show a bunch of related results you can try.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, dumb question, but you did go into your admin panel and click on Edit Admins to add the admins, right? This adds the admins to Nuke. Then you can use the Sentinel functions to get Sentinel to recognize them and write the .staccess, etc.

Have a look in your _authors table to see if they are there.

zlmark

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote

Right that was the first step. then i did the scan for new admins and all it said was what i showed above. this is the first time adding for me so i don't know what to expect. the .staccess lists him, the _authors table does too.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Make sure and clear ALL cookies and then with a new browser window, try the following:

1. In the browser address bar access [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

2. This should immediately pop-up a new dialog asking for your user id and password. He is to use the one you gave him within NukeSentinel (the one stored in .staccess).

3. Now the admin login page should be shown with another userid / password login (but this one isn't a pop-up). There should also be a captcha there right?

4. Now he needs to enter in the userid and password that you gave him within the Edit Admins (nuke_authors table), as well as the captcha letters. Make sure he pays attention to whether the captcha was presented or not and if so, do all 5 letters show?

Also, remember that each username and password are case sensitive. Also, I would stay away from special characters in the usernames and possibly even in the passwords.

Hope that helps.

zlmark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:32 am Reply with quote

well the admin name is the exact same as his working user name on the site. it has a _ and the rest letters. I tried it with all cookies cleared, he did too. we both get past the Sentinel login prompt. but can't get past the admin login. Of course my admin login still works. It's like something real stoopid is happening here,,caps lock etc but thats not the case.

montego

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quote

Yes, this is odd. Try a user name without the underscores and just letters to see if that is it. I am running out of ideas... Sad

zlmark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote

fixed

I deleted and tried one without underscores and it worked. I deleted that one and tried the original with the underscores again and it worked. There must have been an error between the keyboard and the seat Blonde Moment

Thanks for helping

montego

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote

You are most welcome!

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:08 am Reply with quote

lol....will have to remember that error description of between the keyboard and the seat......I have that one a lot.....lol ROTFL

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Dance-Y

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic